Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Decided to say screw the deload day, and it actually paid off:

Bench(repeat of week 3)

190x5
215x3
240x8(7 reps last week)

Big improvement in my eyes, the thing is I wont be touch my upper body for another week since the military day deload day has baby weights. So I took some serious life out of my arms today with curls, tricep push downs, things of that nature. By the end of the workout I looked like I was juicin. If I use the formula for 240x8 my 1rm is at 303lbs. Saweet. But yeah its early in the program so I figured I could take out a single deload day, itll be another week since I repmax my bench so I should be primed.

Currently you aren't really doing 5-3-1 as you are changing things up quite abit. Not that I care, but after reading Wendler's views when you start switching stuff up or doing back to back days it's not really 5-3-1 anymore.

You are making great progress however.:Popcorn:

One thing to note is that not taking the deload day didn't necessarily help as you may have gotten an extra rep the next day. It's hard to say, but don't under estimate them.

dude take the deload imo, think about it you will have to wait ather 3 or 4 weeks to let your body recover and reset. your body doesnt know when a deload is close either it will just crash.

I say take the deload then afterwards just do that bench workout again and you will probably hit another rep pr with 240...

whats your diet like out of interest?

What am I switching around ghetto?

I skipped one deload day, because I know my last bench workout was crap and since I didn't give it my all I felt guilty taking a deload week. Going in today gave me peace of mind. I will be deloading for all my other lifts so my CNS should still recover. Today was a hiccup, but I had to get it out of my system

I just wouldn't recommend doing that is all.

Trust in the program. Even if your last bench day by your mind's standards wasn't the greatest if you at least did the reps the workout called for on the sets then you're ok.

It's just like doing the I ain't doing jack shit option. Some guys might come in and really only have enough energy to hit their main sets hard. Even Jim has mentioned coming in and not feeling super and literally only doing the prescribed reps on the main sets and that's it.

Skipping one deload day isn't the end of the world, but don't let a bench day that even though was equal or surpassed the prescribed reps even though you weren't happy with it cause you to skip deload days imo.

Sorry for the long abscense, I didn't enter any of my deload days.

2nd mesocycle week 1

Squats
235x5
275x5
305x14
205x10x2

Wow, I did 300 for 13 last week which had a 1RM of 429. The 1RM calculation of 305x14 is 447lbs. Great stuff, I think I hade better form this time around and was able to do this even though my ipod fell out on the 7th rep. For the life of me I can not complete a single BBB assistance workout, its just way too much for my legs, they feel like jello by the time I finish my big set.

Good start to my second mesocycle.

Just saying man but that 1 rm calculator is not accurate over 8, 10 at most reps. Most people say it's only accurate to 5. After that there is no way. Not putting down your squats but 445 sounds way high. Still sometime I got to see a video of your squats I almost dont believe you are getting depth youve increased in strength so much !!!! :D

Just saying man but that 1 rm calculator is not accurate over 8, 10 at most reps. Most people say it's only accurate to 5. After that there is no way. Not putting down your squats but 445 sounds way high. Still sometime I got to see a video of your squats I almost dont believe you are getting depth youve increased in strength so much !!!! :D

Your right about the calculator. It just serves the purpose of showing me how many reps I need to beat my previous weeks max.

The depth is there. If you think about it all I did was add one rep, and increase the weight by 5lbs. Thats normal progression for this program, especially for a leg day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom