Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

I wouldnt say I do ATG but I definitely get parallel at the least. And I plan on keeping this program while I cut, however I will be cutting at a very slow week, probably pound a week. Hopefully steadily cutting will negate the strength loss.

But a deload shouldn't be hurting me, if anything it should be bringing me back stronger.

I'm on the second week of my second 5-3-1 cycle and I do actually notice a drop off in strength when I come back into the gym from disuse for 2 weeks.

BUUUUT, the cns has had it's chance to recover so as the intensity goes up each week I keep getting stronger.

5-3-1 really feels like a mini-powerlifting cycle to me. I come back after 2 weeks from not hitting an exercise and it's a little stiff, but I pull the same reps as the previous cycle on the first workout back. The second week so far lifts have been going good and I should be pr'ing np on the 95% sets of week 3 and this is with the massive workload increase from my new job.

I really like the flexibility of the program. My last squat day all I did was squats. I didn't have the juice to do leg press and lunges or whatever. Tuesday I did deadlifts and was happy with my performance and did some "ok" calf raises and called it good. Basically doing the I ain't doing jack shit assistance plan when I just don't have the energy.

Today's workload was pretty reasonable so I'll likely hit barbell press, seated db press and db shrugs because I think the energy is there. I also no I can sleep in saturday plus have sunday off so I may be good to also add in leg press with the squats.

I also love how you can do the 4 day a week version if you can recover from it which is what I was doing while unemployed or the 3 day version which is what I'm doing now.

It's a great program. I fully expect to be doing 50+ more pounds for reps on squat and dead and 25+ for bench and press in 6 months time which is very good progression.

I don't know why people think that's slow. Dual factor 5x5 progression only looks at gaining 5-10lbs over the course of an 7-9 week cycle once you're past the beginner stage.

Keep it up man. I think if you keep the weight loss slow you can maintain and even gain strength.

Military Press Day
125x5
140x3
155x7
Wow, Impressed myself with these badboys, last week I got 150x6. Must be the bullnox I took before the workout

Incline Bench

165x6
165x6
165x5
160x5
My incline sucks.

Kind of worried about beginning my deload week, I don't want to take that much time off from benching. I am only doing it once a week, kind of sucks. Instead of taking a deload week could I instead do a week of board press or something?

Time to go maw down some food.

Military Press Day
125x5
140x3
155x7
Wow, Impressed myself with these badboys, last week I got 150x6. Must be the bullnox I took before the workout

Incline Bench

165x6
165x6
165x5
160x5
My incline sucks.

Kind of worried about beginning my deload week, I don't want to take that much time off from benching. I am only doing it once a week, kind of sucks. Instead of taking a deload week could I instead do a week of board press or something?

Time to go maw down some food.

yeah it does cadet. LOl jk man! I kind of want to do some incline benching I think mine is pretty weak too. Seems like it would help my military press out. As for the deload week, I would just do it.

Deadlift
280x5
315x3
355x14
265x10x2
255x10
Before this workout I took my first scoop of 1MR, it has 300 mg of caffeine, 4 cups of coffee. I downed it in three minutes, my mind was running a mile a minute I was too focused. I pounded through 355, each rep was good aside from the last 2 where I had to reset my grip. I turn around after my set and see 2 out of the four power racks just staring at me, I probably just repped out for 14 what they could not even do as a 1RM. They had the "What the fck are you on face".

My lower back was pumped it took me 5 minutes to deload the weights, I could bend down for no longer than 5 seconds at a time before I got a charlie horse.

Instead of having a deload bench day on thursday I think I will set the Jhooks up and do some half bench and go for 315 on the bench.

Nice deads!!!!

I'll do some high rep back off sets sometimes and they make me feel almost high afterwards. It's a hell of a feeling :D

Nice deads!!!!

I'll do some high rep back off sets sometimes and they make me feel almost high afterwards. It's a hell of a feeling :D

wow yeah same man strongest endorphine rush ever was when I repped 315. I literally felt high it was pretty awesome.

Great work mike now I'm going to have to catch up

Deadlift
280x5
315x3
355x14
265x10x2
255x10
Before this workout I took my first scoop of 1MR, it has 300 mg of caffeine, 4 cups of coffee. I downed it in three minutes, my mind was running a mile a minute I was too focused. I pounded through 355, each rep was good aside from the last 2 where I had to reset my grip. I turn around after my set and see 2 out of the four power racks just staring at me, I probably just repped out for 14 what they could not even do as a 1RM. They had the "What the fck are you on face".

My lower back was pumped it took me 5 minutes to deload the weights, I could bend down for no longer than 5 seconds at a time before I got a charlie horse.

Instead of having a deload bench day on thursday I think I will set the Jhooks up and do some half bench and go for 315 on the bench.

Good work on the deadlift. What was your 1 rep max before you started the program??

Top Bottom