Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
•There are two options for doing multiple reps with the deadlift. You can either
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]touch-and-go [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]the reps (slight bounce offthe floor), or you can do [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]dead stop[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]deadlifts. For these,you’ll resetfor each rep.I’ve done both, and bothwork.The downside to touch-and-go is.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]that when you build up momentum, you can bounce too hard and lose your tightness. If you’re strong enough to hold your position and you have the control to do it, this option will work for you. The dead stop option is good for most people, but make sure you reset perfectly each time. The beginning portion of the lift is where most back injuries will occur. In this regard, the touch-and-go style is a little safer. -wendler[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]I just opted to do them because of wendler, I think they are equally as difficult. You get tired much quicker doing touch and go because there is constant tension. When you deload every rep its like you get a 2 second rest between each rep, that comes out to being like 30 secs. With touch and go you constantly have 300lbs. in your hands. Just my two cents.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

^ Agree with this.

Touch and go, as long as they're done correctly without using too much momentum, is much more tiring due to the muscle being under constant strain.

Touch and go would maybe be harder if you doing higher reps because of the lactic acid building up. But if you do 2-3 reps i think touch and go is way easier than to deadlift without momentum.

Personally I find touch and god much easier.....plus you get much more 1 rep max strength doing full stop because with touch and go you can eventually lose power off the floor if you do them that way all the time. Think about it you are only doing 1 full rep the rest are not full

It can also depend on the person and your weakness in deadlifts. My sticking point is to lift it from the ground. If i can get it up from the ground i will most likely lock the rep out.

So it will be harder to do it from a dead stop for me

It can also depend on the person and your weakness in deadlifts. My sticking point is to lift it from the ground. If i can get it up from the ground i will most likely lock the rep out.

So it will be harder to do it from a dead stop for me

true man! It's just if you ever watch someone do a hard set of touch and go's every time it slams on the ground their whole body quivers and stuff and it just seems hard on the body to me.

true man! It's just if you ever watch someone do a hard set of touch and go's every time it slams on the ground their whole body quivers and stuff and it just seems hard on the body to me.

See to me if you're hitting the ground hard enough that your body is quivering then you're obviously not in control of the movement and clearly doing it wrong.

See to me if you're hitting the ground hard enough that your body is quivering then you're obviously not in control of the movement and clearly doing it wrong.

Yeah but 99% of the time if you are doing a hard set especially over 10 reps it's going to happen

What I found is that when you are able to go over ten reps with a weight on deadlifts its usually my legs that fail, not my back so my form stays pretty solid, I can usually get nice explosive reps on these since my back can easily support the weight. What Wenlder said in that quote is to not use touch in go because if you hit the ground too hard you will lose your tightness. If you are losing your tightness and messing with your form on these than you shouldn't be using touch and go.

About to go in for my bench day, I'll post up in a few..

Bench Day

3x180
3x205
9x230

Came close to gettin 10 reps it wasn't even funny, like I was at the halfway point and you could have dropped a lbs. of the bar and I would have had it. regardless I am still very happy with 230x9

DB Chest Press
60x15, 60x12, 60x8, 55x8,

Wow this is baby weight compared to my bench. My buddy who doesen't even look like he lifts weights was doing more reps than me on these, and he said his max bench is around 185. I must really need to work on these.

Wide Grip Pull Ups

I guess the grip makes all the difference cause I did twelve overhand pull ups without as wide of a grip the other day. Gotta work on these too.

Great workout, very happy with the bench.

Top Bottom