Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just how strong was Mike Tyson? Check this out.

onebigab said:
This is when his downward spiral began.

Yes, and it's when he started getting hit a lot more.

Rooney was a big scholar on lateral head movement (AKA bob and weave) which Tyson seemed to forget when Rooney left.

Cus D'Amato was Tyson's first real trainer and a father figure to the fighter. When D'Amato died, Tyson essentially lost his father.

I recall watching Iron Mike fight in Japan against Buster Douglas. I remember vividly when he walked in to the ring. His legs looked weak and he didn't have that raging pitbull look in his eye.

Two words:

Robin Givens.

If Tyson's head wasn't f-ed up enough, enter the bitch and her mother.

Then comes along Don "Worst afro in America" King and further messed up the guys head.

Not to mention draining his bank account.

He's my favorite boxer, but the guy was his own worst enemy.

GrandMaster said:
no fucking way 250 at 13?

when i was 13, i was benching the flour bags my mom used to bake and cook!
lol!!

I believe that it's very possible. As I just remembered, I benched 235 as a freshmen while I was still 14. 250x10 projects to be a bench of about 310. The guy was built like a gorilla and the others kids teased him, calling him, "Mighty Joe Young." A gorilla from some disney movie that I never saw.

I wished I'd run into him.

I'd ask him, "dude what's up with that fucked up tat on your mug?"

eat big said:
I remember he was on Leno on time and said he got in a bar fight and broke his hands on two guys faces.

who the fuck would ever dream of fighting him in a bar?i dont care if i had 10 of my biggest friends with me... if he spilt a drink on me id thank him and appologize for getting in the way of his spilt drink

he was a titan

NJjuice22 said:
I loved the dude, the guy had the shittiest childhood, the only person even close to a parent was his trainer (old guy, i forget his name), when that guy died, he had nothing, before i judge someone i like to see their past, people would be suprised the effects a shitty childhood have on someone. im not justifying anything, i just wish the guy had a better life, he was a freak of nature in the ring , could have been the best!

True; there's always more to it than typical media stories reveal.

There still is something to be said about rationalization and knowing how to control one's own emotions. Sure, he probably had a shitty life, but he's still a loose cannon.

Then again, who's to say what the right way to act is? He probably taught those kids who bullied him a lesson and a half, and in a way I don't blame him for never looking back. Who knows what he'd be like if he was treated nice as a kid.

Everyone has their own destiny.

it's possible... i knew a kid at 15 could bench close to 300 and kids who are 18 bench 380@200lbs. then again it's a lot to do with genetics.

Top Bottom