Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have NO luck with Trainers!

• Thread starter Thread starter jenscats5
  • Start date Start date
jenscats5 said:
How'd you figure out what worked for you? I don't care if eating HoHos works for me - I just want to find out what that "what works for me" key is!

What about the sweet potato? I've been eating them......I was told recently that my carbs were too low (under 50g a day) & that I should be at 75g per day.

My abs were flat this morning with some nice definition but I think I looked soft & flat.

My trainer gave me my diet for the last to 2 days and I just followed, I was alittle worried at first because it contained foods I had not been eating. But decided to follow it anyway and "see what happens". And lucky for me it worked better, but I'm also not a person that gets bloated from many foods.

So does sweet potato bloat you also?

Don't worry about the flat and soft look of your abs, that's from the lack of carbs and water. So are only eating 75g of carbs a day up until your show? That's pretty low.

Daisy_Girl said:
If i were you Jen, then I would not eat stack show-day if it is not part of your daily diet. I don't care if it worked for EVERYONE. You do not know how it will affect YOU. And YOU are the only one that counts on show day. I would stick with only foods you have been eating.

I think you are holding up great. I know you have gone through a lot of trial and error - but that is what gets you the knowledge you need. Trainer or no trainer, you have gained a lot of experience and awareness of your body. That counts for a lot - it can only make you a better competitor.

I know you are stressed, but you will come through this fine. It is ALL a learning experience and you are doing GREAT.

That's what I was thinking - I haven't had steak in Months! So thus I don't know what it will do to me so why chance it? :worried:

For example - today is my last day of spinach cuz of what it does to me.

And THANK YOU Momma! :heart:

Are there alternatives to the steak - figure its slower digesting than chicken because it has fat in it. Chicken + some fats (EFAs) then? On my last 2 days it was all chicken, white potatos & broccoli. I've always been told between the AM & PM show start loading up the fats & carbs, e.g. steak & fries. This past time I just stayed away from anything I didnt' cook myself. We went to a steak house but I was freaking because I wa sure they were going to put some sort of seasoning or something on the steak that would fuck me up.

Sassy69 said:
Are there alternatives to the steak - figure its slower digesting than chicken because it has fat in it. Chicken + some fats (EFAs) then? On my last 2 days it was all chicken, white potatos & broccoli. I've always been told between the AM & PM show start loading up the fats & carbs, e.g. steak & fries. This past time I just stayed away from anything I didnt' cook myself. We went to a steak house but I was freaking because I wa sure they were going to put some sort of seasoning or something on the steak that would fuck me up.

I will DEFINITELY make sure I bring my OWN potatoes everywhere!

:lmao:

Anyway - the show is 5 mins away from my house - so I'm coming home in between shows.

jenscats5 said:
I will DEFINITELY make sure I bring my OWN potatoes everywhere!

:lmao:

Anyway - the show is 5 mins away from my house - so I'm coming home in between shows.

You better not forget the potato, or we may hear about someone to killed the waiter over a potato on the news :lmao:

Oh wait..... I think this has already happened!!! Miss Sassy lol.

Miss24k said:
You better not forget the potato, or we may hear about someone to killed the waiter over a potato on the news :lmao:

The look on that guy's face was PRICELESS!

Miss24k said:
So does sweet potato bloat you also?

Don't worry about the flat and soft look of your abs, that's from the lack of carbs and water. So are only eating 75g of carbs a day up until your show? That's pretty low.

Oh I'm not sure what sweet potatoes + lack of water do to me. but eaten with water - my abs disappear.

And I'm @ 75g carb per day till Monday - then 150g.

Jen why not try brown rice cakes? That is what I have been carbing up with and plan on carbing up with for my show. Oats bloat me but I still eat them now and then brown rice I process best. Yams and potatoes are a no go for me too.

superqt4u2nv said:
Jen why not try brown rice cakes? That is what I have been carbing up with and plan on carbing up with for my show. Oats bloat me but I still eat them now and then brown rice I process best. Yams and potatoes are a no go for me too.

Aren't all rice cakes made with brown rice? Or most? I've never seen brown rice ones - I don't think but I'll look. Thanks!

Miss24k said:

I travel w/ my own potatos now. Always.

jenscats5 said:
Aren't all rice cakes made with brown rice? Or most? I've never seen brown rice ones - I don't think but I'll look. Thanks!
Nope any of the flavour ones are made with a mix of white and other things in them. Look for the plain ones only thing in it should be brown rice. I love them :chomp:

Top Bottom