Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have NO luck with Trainers!

• Thread starter Thread starter jenscats5
  • Start date Start date
The Shadow said:
sass and i ALWAYS say...do NOT add in anything new just b4 a show that you werent already eating

I realize that - but I dont think you are understanding me.

At my last show - I ate what I was told to, which was also the same things I've been eating - and I still bloated. Then what?

jenscats5 said:
I realize that - but I dont think you are understanding me.

At my last show - I ate what I was told to, which was also the same things I've been eating - and I still bloated. Then what?

Something was off.....anything different?

Fat burners?

Digestive enzymes?

Diruretics??

The Shadow said:
Something was off.....anything different?

Fat burners?

Digestive enzymes?

Diruretics??

I wasn't taking dig enzymes last time (still not) & took my usual supps on schedule as usual. Fred had changed my diet every day the last week tho so each days food was diff. I did 2 of the jelly/ricecake thing b4 the show - in between morning & evening I bloated up, gassy, etc. Oh & I had added potassium/chomium 2-3 days prior.

POTASSIUM CAN BLOATD YOU SUB Q THOUGH

were you eating jelly during your mornal diet?

Fruit causes tyhat in a lot of people...even small amounts such as strawberry etc

The Shadow said:
POTASSIUM CAN BLOATD YOU SUB Q THOUGH

were you eating jelly during your mornal diet?

Fruit causes tyhat in a lot of people...even small amounts such as strawberry etc

Hell no! LOL

I think that's just what we are saying -- you saw how all I ate was chicken & potatos for 2 solid days pre-show / show day. I ate nothing but chicken, potatos & broccoli for the last 2 weeks prior as well as for about 90% of the 3 months leading up to it. Good ol' Fred had you all over the board. Any of that plus the stress of 'First show", etc. could've added to it. It is really an art to finding out what your body responds to, but just saying the general rule is keep it VERY simple. Fred made it complicated. Not your fault & I'm sure we arent' tellign you anything you don't know already.

You guys might not realize it but...

Jeez guys why are you beating Jen to death as what she did in the past based on someone she trusted for advice. I think that those who are well versed in competition diets should try and offer suggestions in conjunction with her existing diet and the remain 9/10 days not lighted veiled I told you so's.

Not at all --- I think Shadow & I are just stating the obvious. Sometimes you can never really plan everything perfectly or know what caused what. The most obvious thing is to only stick w/ food that you know is completely inert. But there are a thousand other things that can complicate things as well.

But to vel's point, Jen you have those 9-10 days and that bloat will most likely come down. You've seen the crazy changes that happen during this time. As tempting as it is, you can't really pre-panic because things will be changing on an hourly basis by the weekend. The bloat may not be an issue. Most likely (I"m hoping now that you are an 'experienced lady'..;) ) the stress level will be lower because you're an old hand at this now. That raw stress should be much less of an issue this time and more stress maybe on thinking of all the things you've learned since the last go around.

Its is very hard to make suggestions for the upcoming days because of the rate of change. As much as Fred was a POS, we did encourage you generally to follow through with this one trainer. It is valid to question to him why & what if, but it gets hairy if you try to take other suggestions as well. Unfortunately sometimes you get a sour experience. I just talked to a girl tonite at the gym who MOVED here to train w/ a particular trainer. And that trainer just bailed on her. How's that for a nice big fat fuckover? It can happen.

So anyway, again I'm going to continue to say work with the informaiton & the time you have with this trainer. Look at the diet for day before / day of, see if you see anything suspicious. Ask her if there's any place in there where things could happen. Have her look at you the night before. Have her look at you early morning of the show if possible. Hell, my trainer was checking on me every 2 hrs and even brought in Toney Freeman at 2 am. Prepare as much as possible, discuss contingencies for any issues and also try to identify any points where bloat or whatever could happen. Then you've prepared as much as you can. And just do it :) Sometimes too much planning, preparing and analyzing can mess you up too. Monitor yourself. Take it a step at a time. And try to keep relaxed as well. Stress can make you hold weight too.

Hope that helps. Not trying to attack or blame. Its just a common situation that things don't always turn out so good. But you've got lots of support and lots of tools to take care of yourself when you aren't able to rely on someone else. But really push for those checks w/ the trainer esp early morning show day. Watch what you in the morning so nothing hits you the wrong way and just go hit the stage w/ all that hotness!

YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU CANNN DOOOOOO EEEEEEET!

velvett said:
You guys might not realize it but...

Jeez guys why are you beating Jen to death as what she did in the past based on someone she trusted for advice. I think that those who are well versed in competition diets should try and offer suggestions in conjunction with her existing diet and the remain 9/10 days not lighted veiled I told you so's.

To know WHY she bloated last time allows us to NOT make the same mistake again....N'est pas??

My point about the jelly was and IS that to NEVER EVER eat anything just before a show that wasnt already in the staple of foods...even something as "under the radar" as jelly.....this is as much for others to see who might be thinking about a show in the future as it is for Jens specifically as what was done was done.

Jens knows this insnt an "I told you so" by ANY stretch of the imagination as we have been discussing her diet since yesterday afternoon.

As far as my other thoughts...In the best of all worlds - you need a trainer/diet person there with you in case you overfill or look flat......you can fololow all the written instructions you want - but you never really know how you will look the 2 days before a show...especially if you are prepping on a plan that you havent used before.

The Shadow said:
To know WHY she bloated last time allows us to NOT make the same mistake again....N'est pas??.

Sometimes it's not what one says it's the manner in which it is said.

Sorry I just feel a bit over protective and if anyone just takes a moment to put themselves in Jens shoes for just a second ya'll might see what I'm trying to say. (and it's not just on this thread)

ps. I'm sorry Jen - it's like I'm talking about you like you're not in the room.
:worried: Ok I'll shut up now.

Top Bottom