Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my Korte

lol that'd be 64% ;)

I guess 45 pounds does seem a lot and I suppose much of it was newbie gains. Newbie to ATF, at least. I have squatted 190Kg before but it was on a Smith and ANNTF. Since moving to free weights, I've never failed any weight that I've lifted out of the hole. I could probably leg press a lot of weight :)

Caught that, see my edit. It's a wonder I can put my fanny pack on by myself.

It's a shame you got hurt, it'd be real interesting to see where your dead ended up.

Week 8 Day 3

Squat
Bar x 2 x 5
135 x 2 x 3
165 x 1
195 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 1
285 x 1
285 x 1 (belt)
315 x 2 x 1 (belt)

315 was my 100% target, but I hit 295 (95%) last week and 305 seemed kinda pointless :) I haven't squatted with a belt in a long time, so after 285 I did another rep with the belt just for practice - I forgot how good it felt ;) Anyway, it spurred me on to do 315. I guess I'm happy, wish it woulda felt lighter, though. I did another rep with a pause just because I wanted to but man did I have a sticking point at parallel.

Bench
Bar x 3 x 5 (N-S-W)
135 x 3 x 3 (N-S-W)
185 x 5 x 4 (N-S-W-N-S)

Dead
Bar x 10 (RDL)
135 x 3
225 x 1 (mini-band)
315 x 3 x 3 (mini-band)

Not much to report on either.

Overall: Completed my 8 weeks. Pretty satisfied with the results, I hit dead and bench PR's and squat form is coming along. Still debating this weekend on what to do next week - try for my 100%'s, start a new Korte, what have you.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, after deads I tried some powercleans at 135 after stripping the plates.

I'm sure my form was horrible. Still, they seem like something I'd like to do more of.

Congrats on surviving to the end.

I guess that squat was an ATF PR too. It is kind of surprising how much more solid it feels to squat in a belt. It spurs me to leave the belt off. I was even more astounded when I used knee wraps and can only imagine what a combo of belt, wraps and suit would feel like. Probably like using a Smith. ;)

If you're not diving straight back into another Korte, it'd make sense to find your new 1RMs while you are still in intensity mode.

Thanks BW. I wouldn't call the squat ATF, more like Hams Grazing Calves :rolleyes:, but yeah I guess the weight and depth were new territory, have to try to build off it now.

I'm leaning towards trying my targets and then 5 x 5 but deadlifting only once per week seems pretty paltry ;) so we'll see.

It took me a little while to get out of Korte mode.

I started by switching Mondays and Fridays to have rows instead of deads and Wednesdays be more akin to the 5x5 Wednesday but with front squats and GMs. I ran that for a while until I started to feel generally beat up and then took an easy week. By then I'd divested myself of Korte-like workouts.

I tried some deadlifts again on Thursday. Just 120Kg for 8 sets for 3. It felt good and I might do the same again next week with more weight. I've been doing GMs, pull-throughs and dimmels to keep my posterior chain in shape along with hypers and reverse-hypers. I'm planning to go back to box-squats next week or the one after.

Thought I'd just post it here BW:

Yeah, if I wanted to run Korte right away, week 1 loading would be:

(old week 1 weights)*(new target/old target)

and so on.

So let me look at my last volume week:

Squat: 240 (rounded from 239, new target 335)
Bench: 225 (224, new target 315 :p )
Dead: 375 (372, new target 525)

Intriguing :)

Thanks AB. Finishing wasn't that hard, it was the first 4 weeks.

The last week was just about hitting maxes, and honestly they aren't very hard either you get it or you don't :p

Top Bottom