Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Happily married people...

Happy & Married..... same damn sentence.

Pulease......

hee hee.. Im kidding Im kidding ;)

Frisky said:
Happy & Married..... same damn sentence.

Pulease......

hee hee.. Im kidding Im kidding ;)
Frisky....i have been down your path and have more in common with you and your experiences then you probably care to know. From the places ive been, and the things ive seen i was given a choice to learn from, or to reject all....Youre an intelligent woman and the choice is yours ( you are very passionate about this subject & possibly a little PO'd ;) )....The prospects of marraige is not so simple- combining two human beings into one motion....there is so much at stake.

Hidngod- i respect your view on luck...thats why i prefaced my response of my spiritual nature first...i believe that no one comes across our paths hap-hazardly....and when we truely love another person (truely and deeply) i believe it never ever expires....we may not always be together with them, but the LOVE we have for them never ceases to carry on...

Split- thats the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me....i just blew hammy's karma away...thanks very much.

curling said:
Almost 21 years. The secret is to realize that marriage isn't suppose to be happy all the time. It is just like like peaks and valleys. That is why it bums me out when I hear people that get a divorce because they were probably just in a valley and the peak was around the corner. The other key is to try to make your partner as happy as possible because when you get love you want to return love.
you need to go back to my above post curling...."supposed to" is a rule...( your not supposed to fuck the pool guy while iam at work)....marriage is not always fun and games, because it involves real time, real life...there are peaks and valleys= hence, "ebb and flows", we do this on our own, by ourselves without partners...its natural. it becomes a problem when we EXPECT it not to be natural when we have a partnership....

PBR said:
Frisky....i have been down your path and have more in common with you and your experiences then you probably care to know. From the places ive been, and the things ive seen i was given a choice to learn from, or to reject all....Youre an intelligent woman and the choice is yours ( you are very passionate about this subject & possibly a little PO'd ;) )....The prospects of marraige is not so simple- combining two human beings into one motion....there is so much at stake.

Oh yes, i know.

Im not a bitter Xwife. I had a happy marriage for some time. Things just didn't work out. Will I ever marry again? possibly... I'm not against marriage at all.

Frisky said:
Oh yes, i know.

Im not a bitter Xwife. I had a happy marriage for some time. Things just didn't work out. Will I ever marry again? possibly... I'm not against marriage at all.
Let me ask you this....knowing what you do now, do you find it (marriage) more frightening than ever before, or are you more confident and at ease with the thought of it? not just the word or term "marraige" , but "relationship" allowing yourself to be in love and or loving someone else?

PBR said:
Let me ask you this....knowing what you do now, do you find it (marriage) more frightening than ever before, or are you more confident and at ease with the thought of it? not just the word or term "marraige" , but "relationship" allowing yourself to be in love and or loving someone else?

I now know how hard it is.. I was with my x for 11 years, jumped right on in not realizing what it took to make a marriage.

We both did fight to make it work, but I guess our fight wasn't good enough. Thing is, you can't just fight the good fight at the end when your bleeding to death. You have to fight the good fight from day one. We waited to late to try to salvage our marriage.

I learned ALOT. relationships are not born they are harvested. If you don't plan the seed and water the fruit then you will end up with a dead tree.

I will not turn away the possibility of living a happy life, loving, caring, sharing.. with someone I connect with. Good, bad, or indifferent. You won't have perfection ever in a marriage or a relationship. but you can build something solid, you just need patience, trust, love and compassion.

PBR,

dang bro, that sucks. How did you find out about the pool guy?

I should have said that faithfulness is just expected.

Frisky- i could write a book on this topic and you have provoked yet more thoughts...but i need to get out of here right now....so, for the moment- Thank you, more to come.

Curling- love is blind at times. i was the last to know anything. perhaps this was best looking at it now.

Good thread.

Together 10 years, married for 6...

I think all the best qualities of a good marriage have already been listed above. I can't think of one damn thing to add but I do have a list of qualities that I think make my marriage a success:

* Either one of us can bring up the answer to a 3-day-dead question and the other wi'll know exactly what they're talking about (e.g., On a Monday she asks me who sang "On The Other Hand" and I say Hell if I know then Thursday during dinner I might blurt out "Randy Travis" and she knows exactly what I mean.)

* I can look at her from across a crowded room and she knows exactly what I'm trying to tell her (e.g., "This party blows. Get your stuff and let's get outta here.")

* She keeps the kitty shaved even though she says it's a pain because she knows I like it that way

* We take care of ourselves so we'll continue to find each other physically attractive

* We TALK -- about everything

* She doesn't freak when I want to do a cycle

I know, boring but I had to contribute. It was a very fun thread to read.

PBR said:
Hidngod- i respect your view on luck...thats why i prefaced my response of my spiritual nature first...i believe that no one comes across our paths hap-hazardly....and when we truely love another person (truely and deeply) i believe it never ever expires....we may not always be together with them, but the LOVE we have for them never ceases to carry on...

I agree with your posts PBR, especially the part about love never expiring. However, love does change, and it is this that causes two people to drift apart.

Top Bottom