Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fantasy Football Issue...

We have rules in place for special teams issue on returns for punts and kickoffs. The technically strict ruling should be that if it isn't in the currently agreed to scoring system then its a non issue. However our commish has no spine so we get "Votes"...one guy said. Is it a W/L issue or just over points. If its W/L, I'll vote for whoever I hate the least. LMAO!!

I say offensive and so does the NFL. Once the ball leaves the punters foot and CROSSES the line of scrimmage then it's a special teams play. If it does not cross the line of scrimmage ie: on a punt block, fake punt, direct snap to a rb...then it is considered an offensive play.

An example is Browns/Steelers. The ball was kicked and blocked, if the ball would have crossed the line of scrimmage it would have resulted in a loss of possesion yet since it was blocked and went behind the line of scrimmage the kicker was able to try and run in for a td yet didn't make it and lost a down. That is considered an offensive play and a loss of a down.

It was A 4th down play. It would have been considered A special teams play had Landettea actually punted the ball. If you were to award the special teams unit with the points. Then why isn't the def. credited with field goals, extra points, and 2 point conversions?

Well first off 2 point conversions are actually converted by the offense...but i don't get your point on the field goals and extra points?? Are you saying because there are defensive players on special teams?

Real easy in the box score the play was listed as A pass play which is A offensive play. The point I was making with extra point, field goal,and two point conversion is that they are also considered A special teams play, but we do not give the point to the def. on those play's. those points go to the kicker ad whoever completes the 2 point conversion. Under your thinking then shouldn't the def be credited with those points? They too are special teams plays.

No Because scoring is usually considered an offensive play and they are still currently in their drive when the special teams come on. It's generally 4th down and the defense(opposing special teams) does not have possesion of the ball therefore they are still on defense trying to defend their end zone. Point is that it is still 4th down and the offense is still in possesion no matter who is on the field. There is no such thing as special teams when talking about offense and defense. There is special teams plays though which could be used in certain situation..kickoffs etc...

I too would vote special teams. Not sure but I believe a fake punt is designed by the special teams coach, not the offensive coordinator.

You guys do not grasp the reasoning here but we will end it by saying THE NFL SAYS IT'S OFFENSIVE POINTS!! THEY ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THE RULES RIGHT?

Cure said:
I say offensive and so does the NFL. Once the ball leaves the punters foot and CROSSES the line of scrimmage then it's a special teams play. If it does not cross the line of scrimmage ie: on a punt block, fake punt, direct snap to a rb...then it is considered an offensive play.

An example is Browns/Steelers. The ball was kicked and blocked, if the ball would have crossed the line of scrimmage it would have resulted in a loss of possesion yet since it was blocked and went behind the line of scrimmage the kicker was able to try and run in for a td yet didn't make it and lost a down. That is considered an offensive play and a loss of a down.

Cure is correct sirs.

Top Bottom