Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cross Training for fighting

Wolverine_K1

What do you guys suggest i do. I want to swim because if i run i will ruin my vert. I believe i should do about 6x50m sprints with a minute rest. Other people say swim for distance say 1km straight, but i do not think this is the correct energy system. I fight 3x2min rounds with a one minute rest.:angel: :karate:

When I was fighting, I ran bleachers, did hill intervals, lots of bag work, shadow boxing, did only compound movements in the gym(lots of olympic stuff), lots of sparring, drills, running, hiking steep mountains and hills with a pack full of books, some swiiming, and whatever else I could think of.

BTW, how will running ruin your vert?

Running for endurance promotes hypertrophy of slow twitch fibres. Hence, reducing the explosivenes in my legs. Maybe i'm wrong but when i used to do 8k runs i noticed my vert decreased by about 3 inches.

Wolverine_K1 said:
What do you guys suggest i do. I want to swim because if i run i will ruin my vert. I believe i should do about 6x50m sprints with a minute rest. Other people say swim for distance say 1km straight, but i do not think this is the correct energy system. I fight 3x2min rounds with a one minute rest.:angel: :karate:

I used to be a swimmer, and personally I think you should really do both. Warm up with 500m or so. Then do sprint work, but I would definitely do more than 6X50's. Do some 25's too and for real killer do 75's.

I would only rest .30 as well.

Hi Guys,
I train BJJ and boxing. For distance work I use the eliptical runner. Why?
Because I do my plyos and sprints, my lifting and my sparring.
Why should distance work be more impact? You’re just looking for a cardio base here so I do it 4-5 times /week and it’s really no added impact.
Sprints 2 sometimes 3x/ week. This is real running, no eliptical.
Kettlebell cleans, presses, and snatches. Towel chins and fat bars are great too.
Also, I love medicine balls and jumping. And good grip, neck and ab work.
Just make sure your priority is: DOES THIS MAKE ME A BETTER FIGHTER??
Always ask that when you’ve tried something new. Training, diet, drugs, new girlfriend, whatever….ask yourself: does this make me a better fighter?
Oh and Stretch, you have to stretch, especially your hamstrings, hips and low back.

DOES THIS MAKE ME A BETTER FIGHTER??
Good thing to point out bro. I find myself thinking that. During training my other thought is "AM I WORKING AS HARD AS MY COMPETITOR?" The only thing you can do to be sure of that is train more.

whenever youre lazy enough not to train, someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your ass:fro:

I prefer sprinting and Indian running. Indian runs are basically 100m sprints with 200m of jog time in between each sprint. Boxing is about explosive power, I mean the actual time you are fighting is small to the time in the ring, most of the action is during short burst of punching dodging and ducking....

Top Bottom