Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Could USC compete with the pros?

go vols

slickdadd said:
No. USC won't go undefeated this year. I promise. They were absolutely given 2 or 3 games last year. Every team that wins the NC has a couple of lucky games, and they earned it in that bowl game slaughter of OU, but it won't happen this year.

The real UT is #3. This is Erik Ainge's year. If he doesn't get hurt, prepare to watch a star be born.

also, to the guy who started this thread: there is no way that USC (and no college team could, for that matter)could beat even the worst NFL team...not a chance.

jestros said:
You started out so well, and then ended very poorly. Sorry bro. Arizona USED to be a crappy team. I expect them to win their division this year ahead of the pathetic seasquacks, butt rams, and the real worst team in the league, the fourty whiners.

Yeah the Cardinals are much improved. Im not going to pick them to win the division but they have as good a chance as the Rams or Seahawks.

n0th1ng said:
Yeah the Cardinals are much improved. Im not going to pick them to win the division but they have as good a chance as the Rams or Seahawks.

Sorry, orbs

The New Orleans Saints are winning the SuperBowl this year ;)

Well considering for next year they have 5 potential Heismann Trophy winners I think they could beat some of the worst teams in NFL history. But I don't think they could beat any teams now.

Well, beginning a current SC trojan and die-hard fan, its hard for me to admit they would get spanked by ANY nfl team. You have to be an elite to be at the NFL level. Only 3.4% of all college football players ever play pro. Granted USC has quite a few players that can go pro now, e.g. Matt Cassell, who was Lienart's back-up got drafted... and may I state Jason White from OU didn't, the Trojans aren't fast or strong enough to compete at the pro level. Raw talent wise, Leinart, Bush, Turner, Poole, Jarrett, Justice and a few others could match up with NFL players, but they couldn't successively win.

PICK3 said:
Yeah ... you might be right. I often speak authoritatively about something I don't have a clue about.

But, it seems that Bobby Hurley and some other college kids whipped an Olympic team composed mostly of professionals.

What you might be thinking of is in 1996 USA Select(22 and under college all-stars) almost beat the US Olympic team, but they didn't end up winning. They lost 96-90. But if you look at some of the names on that team its understandable, Tim Duncan, Chauncy Billups, Paul Pierce,...so it was a pretty stacked college team.

no. USC is in the PAc 10- a lightweight conference compared to the SEC. My money would be on a southern conference team, the Canes or Gators (uh.. in a good yr) that could do pretty well in the NFL

No college football team could compete with a NFL team. Football is not a sport like basketball where having a couple superstars offsets having mediocre players in other spots. This is especially true since you don't have the same players on offense and defense.

I'd put some college teams against (bad)NFL teams in a 7-on-7 passing game, but that's not really the same thing.

oh btw, Miami is in the ACC not the SEC

Top Bottom