Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice on creatine

jackie344

Hi,
I'm not overweight, but want to tone my legs and abs. A trainer at gym has recommended I start taking creatine with glutamine to help me tone faster and build up abit of muscle but wasn't very helpful in providing any more advice... I use 'Body Ripped - Goddess' protein powder daily. I have heard that women shouldn't take creatine... can anyone pls give me some advice?? Thanks heaps!

Glutamine I would agree with but creatine not so much with the water retention and based on your goals...

What's your diet look like? How do you train?

~EZ

Have struggled a little with diet but try to stick to low carb high protein. I only train about 3 hours a week.. mainly weights and abit of cardio. Building muscle is taking forever, and I don't have a great amount of strength to smash through a gym session!

J

I would say no to the creatine. Most creatine products I have used have provided minimal results for women and unwanted bloating. For now stick to a good diet and consistent workout. If you need to slim up then you could add an energy or weight loss product. (Need2slin for example)

RD

Have struggled a little with diet but try to stick to low carb high protein. I only train about 3 hours a week.. mainly weights and abit of cardio. Building muscle is taking forever, and I don't have a great amount of strength to smash through a gym session!

J

Gotta train more (smartly) and increase cardio

Eat to get slimmer, strength and muscle comes from food = lean muscle...

~EZ

Hi,
I'm not overweight, but want to tone my legs and abs. A trainer at gym has recommended I start taking creatine with glutamine to help me tone faster and build up abit of muscle but wasn't very helpful in providing any more advice... I use 'Body Ripped - Goddess' protein powder daily. I have heard that women shouldn't take creatine... can anyone pls give me some advice?? Thanks heaps!

women for whatever reason tend to accumulate more subcutaneous water than intramuscular water on creatine monohydrate. The former you don't want, the latter you do. Increased intracuscular water and glycogen shuttling is what creatine is supposed to do, but it doesn't seem to do that as efficiently with us.

Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) seems to encourage a lot less of that "spillover", but it tastes like unbridled ass. I used CEE and didn't get any noticeable subcutaneous water at all. I stayed hard while getting all the benefits of creatine. However, it is so horridly tasting you absolutely cannot add it to your protein drink unless you want it to ruin the flavor. Like I said, it worked, but I never bought anymore due to the flavor.

Top Bottom