Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What sweeteners will not kick me out of ketosis?

HollywoodSwole

I ask because the flax oil/chocolate protein shake is getting old. I have a huge tub of unflavored protein that I used p/w with dextrose and kool-aid. I wanna try my unflavored stuff with a little sweetener and kool-aid just for variety. .

Use sucralose (Splenda), Ace-K, saccharin, or stevia, preferably in that order. Splenda is not metabolised for the most part and is very close to eating air. The only one to avoid is Aspartame, as many people get kicked out of ketosis on it. Be careful not to overload on sweeteners however as your body expects sugar to enter the blood stream, and even though it doesn't with fake sugar your body releases some insulin anyhow in expectation. It shouldn't be an issue unless you pour it on.

Also, kool aid is a BAD idea. it has citric acid in it which can be worse than aspartame, and then amount of sweetener used with kool aid is large (may cause insulin spike). Aspartame is very easy to avoid, but citric acid is almost impossible to avoid in beverages. even flavored water usually has it in it. Some people are more sensative than others. Diet Dr. Pepper is about the only pop that doesnt have any (but it does have aspartame).

Hope this helps...

Splenda, just like equal / aspartame. contains maltodextrin (spelling). Each packet contains 4 calories (this according to some splenda representative whom I've asked). So splenda could kick you out of ketosis, but you would have to abuse it really to get enough. Just be carefull and use moderation. I find stevia / stevioside powder + a packet of splenda to work wonders.

- hinson

Splenda contains no calories. Look at the box. Any artificial sweetener that is standardized to the same volumetric sweetness as sugar will contain trace calories, but not anywhere near 4 calories. if it was made of solid fat it might have as many as 4 calories.

Top Bottom