Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle twitches when injecting

Bourget

I only have three places I can inject myself without the risk of hitting a nerve ending or whatever the fuck makes my muscles twitch and me just about leap out of the fuckin chair.

My left delt(I'm a lefty) and both my quads are no go's. Is it nerves I am hitting and if so should I just inject through them. This happens when the needle is in only about a quarter inch or so in most cases. Sometimes it seems like less.

Thanks Bourget

It happens when you fail to relax the muscle. Learn to release tension from your muscles before sticking needles into them.

Check first, of course, that you really aren't hitting a nerve. Chances are that it's just that you're failing to relax the muscle.

I've never hit a nerve, but supposedly when you hit a nerve immediate pain and you can't even touch the damn syringe. I wouldn't worry about it if you are hitting your glutes fine without any injection pain.

Why can't you hit your quads and what does being a lefty have to do w/ anything?
Just relax and it won't be so bad.

And where have you been blut? :qt:

Well I am a lefty as you can tell from my name...And I am better with one hand injections with my right hand go figure....

Hitting a nerve does not hurt it causes a spasm. I hit a nerve once in my delt and i could feel my forarm twitch. Just stay calm and pul the needle out. All you have to do is move the needle 1/16 of an inch or less so you keep your desired spot and you will clear the nerve.

You could be causing a spasm my keeping your quad tight...I like to sit on my bed and put my leg on a stool i find it keeps my quad totally relaxed.

you hit a nerve. its a good idea to pull the pin out and find a new spot. not saying its going to kill you but you can cause nerve damage. i stuck myself the other day in the thigh and got the nerve twitch, i said screw it and just pushed it through. my toes started tingling a little and i got the pins and needles on my foot. i wont do it again but i woke up this morning and my leg was fine.

Mac173 said:
Why can't you hit your quads and what does being a lefty have to do w/ anything?
Just relax and it won't be so bad.

And where have you been blut? :qt:

I can't hit my quads (either one) because I always get the nerve pain and the muscle twitch. I dunno why being a lefty matters but when I go to the doc for a shot they always ask and then stick the other arm. I guess to avoid discomfort in the arm I use the most.

BTW I only have a small area in my left delt I can stick without getting the twitch but my right delt is all good. Never had a problem but obviously I can't stick it forever.

trowsersnake98 said:
you hit a nerve. its a good idea to pull the pin out and find a new spot. not saying its going to kill you but you can cause nerve damage. i stuck myself the other day in the thigh and got the nerve twitch, i said screw it and just pushed it through. my toes started tingling a little and i got the pins and needles on my foot. i wont do it again but i woke up this morning and my leg was fine.

when you begin to hit a nerve you don't need to pull the pin out completely!! just back it up about a quarter inch and redirect it a tiny bit and continue with injection!! go in slow and if you feel a twitch comin on do as stated and you should be fine!!

Top Bottom