Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle twitches when injecting

LftHndPwrHouse said:
Well I am a lefty as you can tell from my name...And I am better with one hand injections with my right hand go figure....

Hitting a nerve does not hurt it causes a spasm. I hit a nerve once in my delt and i could feel my forarm twitch. Just stay calm and pul the needle out. All you have to do is move the needle 1/16 of an inch or less so you keep your desired spot and you will clear the nerve.

You could be causing a spasm my keeping your quad tight...I like to sit on my bed and put my leg on a stool i find it keeps my quad totally relaxed.

Oh no my friend, hitting a nerve can hurt like bloody hell.

Bourget said:
I can't hit my quads (either one) because I always get the nerve pain and the muscle twitch. I dunno why being a lefty matters but when I go to the doc for a shot they always ask and then stick the other arm. I guess to avoid discomfort in the arm I use the most.

BTW I only have a small area in my left delt I can stick without getting the twitch but my right delt is all good. Never had a problem but obviously I can't stick it forever.

Are you hitting the outside of your quads or are you trying to go on top? If you stand up, the injection spot is right about where your middle finger hits the side of your leg. Less nerves and vessels over there.

st8grad said:
Are you hitting the outside of your quads or are you trying to go on top? If you stand up, the injection spot is right about where your middle finger hits the side of your leg. Less nerves and vessels over there.
I much prefer to shoot quads higher than that, more in the area where the heel of my hand makes contact with the leg.

Bourget said:
I can't hit my quads (either one) because I always get the nerve pain and the muscle twitch. I dunno why being a lefty matters but when I go to the doc for a shot they always ask and then stick the other arm. I guess to avoid discomfort in the arm I use the most.

BTW I only have a small area in my left delt I can stick without getting the twitch but my right delt is all good. Never had a problem but obviously I can't stick it forever.
Just relax, there's no way you're hitting nerves everytime you inject.
I've hit a nerve once and I've done a good many injections on many sites.
And I'm a lefty too.

i rotate delts every new injection thru the weeks.
i realized that injecting on the front lobe of my delts is a recipe for disaster, i usually try to stick inbetween my tricep and delt (near back of delt )_

st8grad said:

Usually I go for the top. There seems to be more muscle tissue there. I will certainly try the location you mentioned when I run out of spots on my ass.

Thanks.

Damn.......I hate when i hit a nerve. Hurts like hell. Then i just move the pin over a little and the injection goes smooth!!!!

navigatorrs said:
Damn.......I hate when i hit a nerve. Hurts like hell. Then i just move the pin over a little and the injection goes smooth!!!!

It makes me think too much after it happened a few times. Ya hit a bad spot too often and it makes ya a little gun shy.

Top Bottom