Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What does low T feel like? Is blood or saliva better test?

bart9

I haven't taken any steroids but I figured this community would know about how hormone changes actually feel and wanted to ask for some help.

I experienced loss of libido, erections and sexual pleasure, gradually worsening over 4 years (in late 30s). I had thorough exams but my GP and urologist couldn't find any health problems and I feel ok about my relationship. My blood tests for total and free T were normal (as were my other hormones) or on one occasion were actually very high (about 20% over the highest number in the reference range) . But a saliva test ordered by an 'alternative' doc showed abnormally low T and DHEA. My GP said these saliva tests weren't reliable and I should ignore them. Does anyone know why the tests would be so different? Is it possible a hormone problem could be causing these symptoms even though blood tests were normal/high??

Also, I've had some pretty weird symptoms - like reduced sensation, mental fog, ejaculation without pleasurable orgasm, and a light feeling, like I couldn't feel my body weight. I did NOT experience anything like breast enlargement or abdominal weight gain or other low T symptoms. Anyone every heard of hormonal problems causing these symptoms??

Thank You!

Blood tests are the ideal way to check hormone levels.

Also keep in mind that you can still feel like shit when your T is in the reference range. Lack of mental clarity, apathy etc are big symptoms of low T.

Breast enlargement inst really a symptom of low T alone its generally Low T plus high E.

If in doubt and you want to try HRT then your best bet will be to seek another GP and try again or just cut to the chase and find a TRT doc. They will make you get some labs and if deemed low enough (keep in mind this can still be within normal range) then they can get your started and you can see how it makes you feel.

Hormone replacement therapy is about how you feel more than it is lab numbers. Low T can be insidious and take the pleasure out of life. TRT clinics arent trying to turn you into an IFBB pro, they just want you to feel younger and get back your mental clarity and sharpness, the zest for life you once had.

Top Bottom