Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prehistoric eel shark found

stilleto said:
no, dork- i got my info FROM the reports, i didn't make up my own like you did.

The reports that said 'we think' or 'we know'? If you have any reports that say they know for sure what happened then please share.

krishna said:
Go ahead and nitpick, it's the only chance you have at being right about something.

apparently not...
lol
so far, you were wrong AND you presented your arguement in a childish, and unintelligent way.

but you keep on going, kid. you'll get it some day. go on, keep going.

good boy.

stilleto said:
apparently not...
lol
so far, you were wrong AND you presented your arguement in a childish, and unintelligent way.

but you keep on going, kid. you'll get it some day. go on, keep going.

good boy.

Wrong about what? Not claiming to know for sure what happened? How can someone be wrong about that? It's when you do claim to know when you can't that you're wrong. That would be you my dear.

Krishna, ALL the MARINE BIOLOGISTS came to the same conclusion. Not one marine biologist said, "Hey, I think she was doing just fine and would have returned to the depths." They all said they thought she was sick and dying. I think I'm going to suppose that they know more about it than we do.

krishna said:
Wrong about what? Not claiming to know for sure what happened? How can someone be wrong about that? It's when you do claim to know when you can't that you're wrong. That would be you my dear.

show me where i claim to know anything other than the FACT that it usually lives hundreds of feet below sea level, that scientists claim it was closer to the surface because it was dying, and the fact that it is, indeed, DEAD.

show me.

heatherrae said:
We don't really do down a good ways, Krishna. We go about 100 ft or so. This creature lives 2000-3000 feet down. Do you even understand the pressure at those depths? Furthermore, the moment that I heard the news story about a deep sea creature surfacing, the thought in my head was "oh, it must have been dying" even before ALL those scientists supposed the same thing. Why did I think that? Because of past reading that I have done about marine biology and specifically about animals such as giant squid, and the like, that we rarely see. We usually only see these things dead because the only reason they surface is because they are dying. I think several years back, they saw a deep sea giant squid alive, but like this shark, it died shortly thereafter. It was already sick.

So, I'm basing my opinion based upon what I have read about fish/animals that I have read about that live at similar depths.

Once again, I think you are nice for caring so much for the creature, but I just believe she was sick and dying. They said she was in terrible shape when they saw her. Did you see her gills? I will admit that I haven't seen a frilled shark before that one, but those gills looked bloody to me (not a good sign). I don't know if she always moved like that, either. Didn't look like a very effective locomotion. Not sure if that is how they always move or was just because she was sick.

So that's what you base your "opinion" on. And why is it an opinion Heather? Because you're smart enough to admit you can't possibly know for sure. You're right and educated enough to form a well educated opinion on the matter, and I respect that. You're probably right too. I never said that the creature would of survived, I said we had no way of knowing for sure that it would HAVE died. That is all I was trying to say, and I'm not sure why anyone is arguing with that fact. Thank you for being rational and intelligent; it shines brilliantly among the ignorance and insults of your allies.

stilleto said:
show me where i claim to know anything other than the FACT that it usually lives hundreds of feet below sea level, that scientists claim it was closer to the surface because it was dying, and the fact that it is, indeed, DEAD.

show me.

You claimed to know it was dying. Are you gonna deny this now?

heatherrae said:
Krishna, ALL the MARINE BIOLOGISTS came to the same conclusion. Not one marine biologist said, "Hey, I think she was doing just fine and would have returned to the depths." They all said they thought she was sick and dying. I think I'm going to suppose that they know more about it than we do.

what's that you say?
you and I and everyone else in this thread except for krishna believe the marine biologists?

i mean... wtf do THEY know about sea creatures???

:)
thanks HR. for proving my point.

krishna said:
You claimed to know it was dying. Are you gonna deny this now?

show me where *I* knew it was dying. I knew what i read in the paper, that's all.
it shouldn't be hard to find, its only 2 pages of posts and half of them are your idiocy.

show me where I claimed to be the expert.

heatherrae said:

Do you have the reports? Nonetheless, when you say you think something, it's because you don't know something. If someone knew, they wouldn't have to theorize. I did read the word disoriented, which doesn't necessarily mean she was dying if that was the case.

Top Bottom