Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prehistoric eel shark found

beefcake28 said:
Considering the difference in densities between water and air, and the fact that opposite ends of the specrum are being discussed, I don't think she is slipping.

Yes, people can parachute from 15,000ft up in the air and be fine, but if they were to dive to 15,000ft below the sea, they would be crushed well before they got anywhere close to that depth. The difference is the densities of air and water, and the pressure exerted by them.

You're right, there is a difference. Maybe there's a difference in creatures designed for water also. Oh wait, there is a difference or that creature wouldn't live 3000 ft deep. That creature is designed differently, and in it's habitat, it's capable of far greater than we are. Same goes for us and our habitat.

beefcake28 said:
You accuse her of making assumptions about it's swim bladder, yet go on to make your very own assumption that: "I'm sure it's capable of a great deal more of adjusting to certain depths than we are."

To use your reasoning... How do you know that? Did you test it? Are you positive?

Yeah, didn't think so.

You are trying to disarm her logic, using the very same logic. That can't happen.

BECAUSE it can live 3000 ft below sea level you moron! That's why it's capable. Didn't you watch the video? It was alive and swimming at the surface too. All my logic is trying to do is show that you can't say for sure one way or the other. If you claim to know for sure, then you're being irresponsible.

krishna said:
BECAUSE it can live 3000 ft below sea level you moron! That's why it's capable. Didn't you watch the video? It was alive and swimming at the surface too. All my logic is trying to do is show that you can't say for sure one way or the other. If you claim to know for sure, then you're being irresponsible.

Ok, that went right over your head... but keep calling me a moron.

guys, don't bother trying to teach the uneducated. he's obviously going to believe he's smarter than all of us, and the marine biologists too.

his mommy prolly told him he is.

beefcake28 said:
Ok, that went right over your head... but keep calling me a moron.

Ok this is my final argument and I'm pretty sure it's solid. How can anyone on EF be so sure it was dying, when all the experts could do is say 'we think' or 'we believe'? The experts are smart enough to realize that they don't have all the answers, and that nothing is conclusive. But hey, maybe EFers are smarter :chomp:

stilleto said:
guys, don't bother trying to teach the uneducated. he's obviously going to believe he's smarter than all of us, and the marine biologists too.

his mommy prolly told him he is.

You're the one who thinks she's smarter than the marine biologists. I take it resorting to insults is what it means to be intelligent?

krishna said:
My point was that we are not even designed for the sea and we can still manage to go down a good ways and survive. The water is this creature's home, and I'm sure it's capable of a great deal more of adjusting to certain depths than we are. Read stiletto's quotes. The experts don't even know for sure, so how can you? You don't know why it died. You didn't run tests on it's "swim bladder". You just don't know. Speculate all you want.
We don't really do down a good ways, Krishna. We go about 100 ft or so. This creature lives 2000-3000 feet down. Do you even understand the pressure at those depths? Furthermore, the moment that I heard the news story about a deep sea creature surfacing, the thought in my head was "oh, it must have been dying" even before ALL those scientists supposed the same thing. Why did I think that? Because of past reading that I have done about marine biology and specifically about animals such as giant squid, and the like, that we rarely see. We usually only see these things dead because the only reason they surface is because they are dying. I think several years back, they saw a deep sea giant squid alive, but like this shark, it died shortly thereafter. It was already sick.

So, I'm basing my opinion based upon what I have read about fish/animals that I have read about that live at similar depths.

Once again, I think you are nice for caring so much for the creature, but I just believe she was sick and dying. They said she was in terrible shape when they saw her. Did you see her gills? I will admit that I haven't seen a frilled shark before that one, but those gills looked bloody to me (not a good sign). I don't know if she always moved like that, either. Didn't look like a very effective locomotion. Not sure if that is how they always move or was just because she was sick.

stilleto said:
could HAVE, webster.
how are you going to try to have an intelligent conversation when you can't even speak?

:rolleyes:

Go ahead and nitpick, it's the only chance you have at being right about something.

Top Bottom