Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prehistoric eel shark found

heatherrae said:
Your logic is flawed, Krishna. You are in a pressurized cabin, or yes you would die. Likewise with the shark.

Are the people that climb mountains a thousand feet above sea level in a pressurized cabin? Us humans, who aren't even designed for water, can go down pretty deep for short periods and still survive. Who are you to say what a sea creature that you know nothing about can and can't do? Maybe she could of survived for a short period and gone back down. Again, no proof. You can claim to know all you want, but it means nothing.

krishna said:
So if I go hundreds of feet above the level I'm supposed to be, does that mean I'm dying everytime I get in an airplane? :p Again, no proof, and your logic is flawed.

are you a fish who lives hundreds of miles below sea level?

no? oh, then you're just stupid. the thing was dying. so say what you want about my logic, but you're still stupid.

and now you can read these quotes:
""We think it may have come close to the surface because it was sick, or else it was weakened because it was in shallow waters," Reuters quoted an official at the park as saying."

"This rare surface appearance of a frilled shark has been attributed to the animal being unwell and possibly disorientated.[4]"

""We believe moving pictures of a live specimen are extremely rare," said an official at the park. "They live between 1,968 and 3,280 feet (600 and 1,000 meters) under the water, which is deeper than humans can go." "

heatherrae said:
Your logic is flawed, Krishna. You are in a pressurized cabin, or yes you would die. Likewise with the shark.

And no you wouldn't die or all the parachuters would be dead before they landed. You're slippin girl.

stilleto said:
are you a fish who lives hundreds of miles below sea level?

no? oh, then you're just stupid. the thing was dying. so say what you want about my logic, but you're still stupid.

and now you can read these quotes:
""We think it may have come close to the surface because it was sick, or else it was weakened because it was in shallow waters," Reuters quoted an official at the park as saying."

"This rare surface appearance of a frilled shark has been attributed to the animal being unwell and possibly disorientated.[4]"

""We believe moving pictures of a live specimen are extremely rare," said an official at the park. "They live between 1,968 and 3,280 feet (600 and 1,000 meters) under the water, which is deeper than humans can go." "

Notice the words 'we think' or 'we believe'. Those are experts talking and they don't even know for sure. All I'm saying is you don't know, and you're the stupid one for claiming to. One of your quotes said it could of simply been disoriented, and who's to say once it got its whitts, it couldn't of went back down and survived? Don't get so defensive, it's a sign of being wrong. The experts don't know for sure, but you do right? Give me a break!

krishna said:
Are the people that climb mountains a thousand feet above sea level in a pressurized cabin? Us humans, who aren't even designed for water, can go down pretty deep for short periods and still survive. Who are you to say what a sea creature that you know nothing about can and can't do? Maybe she could of survived for a short period and gone back down. Again, no proof. You can claim to know all you want, but it means nothing.
The difference Krishna in mountain climbing and your example is the gradual ascent. Also, many people do die every year mountain climbing because they can't take the altitude and are rendered unconscious.

the pressure differential in water is much greater than in air. That is why as you go down diving you can't just swim straight down. You have to stop and adjust your pressure. Likewise, if you come up faster than your air bubbles, nitrogen can be released into your bloodstream and you can die. It's called the bends.

At the depth that that particular shark lives, you can't even scuba dive. The pressure would be far too great to live. I don't think the shark whose body is designed to live in that sort of pressure could just swim to the top and back down.

I think you are kind to have wanted to not disturb the animal. I really do. I just think your worries about them "killing" her are unwarranted.

Deep sea animals often surface when they are dying. They don't do so otherwise.

heatherrae said:
The difference Krishna in mountain climbing and your example is the gradual ascent. Also, many people do die every year mountain climbing because they can't take the altitude and are rendered unconscious.

the pressure differential in water is much greater than in air. That is why as you go down diving you can't just swim straight down. You have to stop and adjust your pressure. Likewise, if you come up faster than your air bubbles, nitrogen can be released into your bloodstream and you can die. It's called the bends.

At the depth that that particular shark lives, you can't even scuba dive. The pressure would be far too great to live. I don't think the shark whose body is designed to live in that sort of pressure could just swim to the top and back down.

I think you are kind to have wanted to not disturb the animal. I really do. I just think your worries about them "killing" her are unwarranted.

Deep sea animals often surface when they are dying. They don't do so otherwise.

My point was that we are not even designed for the sea and we can still manage to go down a good ways and survive. The water is this creature's home, and I'm sure it's capable of a great deal more of adjusting to certain depths than we are. Read stiletto's quotes. The experts don't even know for sure, so how can you? You don't know why it died. You didn't run tests on it's "swim bladder". You just don't know. Speculate all you want.

krishna said:
And no you wouldn't die or all the parachuters would be dead before they landed. You're slippin girl.

Considering the difference in densities between water and air, and the fact that opposite ends of the specrum are being discussed, I don't think she is slipping.

Yes, people can parachute from 15,000ft up in the air and be fine, but if they were to dive to 15,000ft below the sea, they would be crushed well before they got anywhere close to that depth. The difference is the densities of air and water, and the pressure exerted by them.

krishna said:
My point was that we are not even designed for the sea and we can still manage to go down a good ways and survive. The water is this creature's home, and I'm sure it's capable of a great deal more of adjusting to certain depths than we are. Read stiletto's quotes. The experts don't even know for sure, so how can you? You don't know why it died. You didn't run tests on it's "swim bladder". You just don't know. Speculate all you want.

What was your point anyway? How do you know the creature didn't gradually ascend? My point was that we do climb mountains and survive a majority of the time. Who cares if it's gradual ascent or that we die sometimes?? That doesn't tell me anything to justify that what you're saying about the creature is conclusive.

krishna said:

You accuse her of making assumptions about it's swim bladder, yet go on to make your very own assumption that: "I'm sure it's capable of a great deal more of adjusting to certain depths than we are."

To use your reasoning... How do you know that? Did you test it? Are you positive?

Yeah, didn't think so.

You are trying to disarm her logic, using the very same logic. That can't happen.

Top Bottom