Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

prehistoric eel shark found

stilleto said:
because it's dead, genius.

Ya it died while it was being transported from the ocean GENIOUS! Like I said, we should of left her alone and let nature decide her fate. Maybe she was dying, maybe she wasn't.

krishna said:
Ya it died while it was being transported from the ocean GENIOUS! Like I said, we should of left her alone and let nature decide her fate. Maybe she was dying, maybe she wasn't.
She was, Krishna. I'm an animal lover as much as the next person, but that thing was a goner.

heatherrae said:
Because their swim bladders fail them when they are dying and cause them to surface. They can no longer regulate their depth. They wouldn't just come up to the top. Their bodies are geared to the deep sea. The change in pressure alone would be very bad, if not fatal.

I thought you were a lawyer, not a marine biologist :p Anyhoo, seems like a reasonable answer, but by no means conclusive. There is much about nature we don't understand or know, even though we pretend to, especially about deep sea creatures.

krishna said:
I thought you were a lawyer, not a marine biologist :p Anyhoo, seems like a reasonable answer, but by no means conclusive. There is much about nature we don't understand or know, even though we pretend to, especially about deep sea creatures.
Agreed. We are on the same page in heart and spirit about this. No need to sweat the details.

heatherrae said:
She was, Krishna. I'm an animal lover as much as the next person, but that thing was a goner.

Ya, but only because it was inevitable that we'd take her out of the ocean to examine her. Other than that, there is no proof that she would of died. We should of followed her until she died and then took her from the ocean. Then it would of been ok with me.

krishna said:

should HAVE.
and yes, it was already dying, that's why it was hundreds of feet above the level it's supposed to be.
:rolleyes:

Amazing! I love stuff like this! It really baffles the mind to think of all the species of creatures we have not yet discovered.
Didn't like seeing it dead....but you know me

stilleto said:
should HAVE.
and yes, it was already dying, that's why it was hundreds of feet above the level it's supposed to be.
:rolleyes:

So if I go hundreds of feet above the level I'm supposed to be, does that mean I'm dying everytime I get in an airplane? :p Again, no proof, and your logic is flawed.

krishna said:
So if I go hundreds of feet above the level I'm supposed to be, does that mean I'm dying everytime I get in an airplane? :p Again, no proof, and your logic is flawed.
Your logic is flawed, Krishna. You are in a pressurized cabin, or yes you would die. Likewise with the shark.

Top Bottom