Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nfc West

• Thread starter Thread starter madbomber31
  • Start date Start date
M

madbomber31

last time our heroes were in the nfc central... they escaped!!!

gonna start with THE worst team in the division...

CAROLINA PANTHERS- they drafted a 28 (now 29) year old qb... hmm, give the guy 2 years to become settled in to an offense and he will be 31, so that gives him 4 years of solid play, if he is lucky... GREAT DRAFT!!! buerlein split town to be a back up, that should say something... for now, jeff lewis is supposed to start... uh, WHO? i cant even comment on the guy but i can say that once they hit midseason weinke will be playing full time. at rb is touch down tim... still.. despite always getting banged up and then having sub par weeks in between huge games... they got murrell as a back up AND former steeler richard huntley (the guy who was SUPPOSED to replace bettis), he will get his share of carries though. wide receivers are decent, muhsin has always been regarded highly, except from us michigan fans (he went to state), patrick jeffers came on strong 2 years ago and got hurt last season... but they expect this to be the best part of the team, throw in wesley walls and you got a solid core...

defense is subpar, still... remember kevin green? well, i bet the panthers would be able to suit him up now and start him, despite his age and no doubt his arthritic knees... they have sean gilbert, the redskins ex overpaid flop, they have jason peter who has never panned out in the nfl... uh, linebackers are just as weak as the dline... they released their best backer, lee woodall... and theeir secondary has jimmy hitchcock (johnny o's favorite player) .... thats about it, they let eric davis AND eugene robinson fly the coupe... "youth movement"... hey, i wonder if they understand that in youth movements you dont draft a 29 year old qb...
panthers win 3 games, MAYBE 4.... they should be on the "nfl's worst team post".

HOTLANTA FALCONS- i'd like to move their...the question here is WHEN... WHEN will vick take over completely? chandler is still a quality qb when he has time, but he hasnt had time since 98'... plus, the guy gets knocked out at least once a year... vick will get his chances... supposedly (do not say supposably) reeves has vick packages for each game that he plans on using... he wants to keep the fans happy and let them see why they are paying ticket prices.. reeves did say that he wouldnt throw vick in their too early, he said he did that with elway and was not happy with that. man, falcons should keep reeves around in some way even after he is done coaching just so vick has the same mentor as elway did. anyway, they still have anderson who should be 100% again, its been nearly 2 years since the knee, their fullback can catch the ball (christenson) and block well... receivers are weakish though... shawn jefferson is a career number 2 guy (at best) and on the other side is terance mathis, who has seen better days... this defense is weak, no way around it... however, they do have a solid secondary led by ray buchanan... ashley ambrose is on the other side with bradford and carter as their safeties... linebackers still include jessie tuggle and keith brooking... the DL is sub par with just travis hall having decent talent...

big trouble, again... for reeves, but at least he has some talent in waiting with vick... vick is gonna get plays EVEN WITH chandler in the game... some funky shit goin on!!! 4 wins.

NINERS- offense is their specialty, as always... garcia is gonna have a HUGE year, so will the receivers.. why? cuz they have to... garner is gone and he was outstanding the last 2 years.. running back by committee here.. but garrison hearst should get some downs, who knows if he can come back to where he was 3 years ago (doubtful)... stokes better step up this year now that rice is gone michigan boy tai streets is gonna take his spot... regardless, stokes, owens, and streets will all be solid (numbers at least)...

guess what? on defense dana stubblefield is back... i guess he wanted to take a vacation and get paid major cash from the skins for it... could this mean stubblefield and bryant young will be a force again??? they still have junior bryant too... so the dl is solid in the middle but dont expect much of a pass rush from the ends. they have one solid lb, and that guy is HATED by me!!! (that rhymed).. the secondary is young, very young.. TOO YOUNG!! their best cover guy was mcquarters ( i bashed him in the other division review)... so if you lose a guy who i bash, and he was your best corner... uh, you better hope the corners get good fast working with owens and stokes...
niners win 8, easy schedule that includes the panthers, falcons, LIONS (bring back barry and i will pick you to win the super bowl), cowboys, and bears... look out for a BEATING on december 22nd... :) mcnabb and the boys come to town!!!

FINALLY, the two teams worth watching in the division...
SAINTS AND RAMS... gonna mix the review/preview...
qb- i believe kurt warner hit the lottery 2 years ago, he showed himself last year with his choices... he threw 18 picks (19?) and 23 td's... his BACKUP had 18td and 4 picks!!! saints dont know who will start, but brooks scorched the other night, 10-10!!! though i still say he throws the ball too hard too often, if he finds some touch he will be the starter... the deep baller is blake, we all loved him in cinci throwing deep, it was quite a sight.. EDGE - rams, at least they KNOW who their guy is and it HAS to be him or they are done... at rb, faulk for the rams and williams for the saints... can you find better quality backs??? no way! faulk does it all for the rams, but the saints have depth with mcallister... and now that faulks back up is history for a while the rams are in trouble... i so wanted to see candidate play healthy.... but NOOOOOOO, not gonna happen. edge - saints.. YES, i said EDGE SAINTS!!! receivers- joe horne played great last year after the season got going...their number 2 guy is albert connell, who got the fuck out of washington as fast as he could... jake reed is history, back where he belongs (watching randy and chris)... rams have that awesome system where their wr's make big yards after catches... bruce and hakim and holt... nice trio!!! edge rams, in a big way!!!!!!!!
saints have the better OL in my opinion... they also have willie roaf, who's rights were traded on draft day by the lions for pat swilling... wayne fontes was NOT killed??? how come?
defense... this is a laugher... the aints earned the s in front of their names... they hit, they play, they bring it... the DL is solid as their is in the nfl... hand and glover in the middle is tough to run against, them is some big mofo's. joe johnson brings it from one end spot too... lb's are darrin smith, keith mitchell, and charlie clemons... solid... safeties are also solid, sammy night and jay bellamy... the spot i find to be somewahat weak is corner... i do not believe thomas, israel, and mathis are good corners.. if the aints dont get a pass rush these corners are in trouble...

as for the rams defense... well, name 4 players... their ya have it.. FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!!!! more points allowed than any other team last season... so they drafted new starters... basically, they think a college (not even) allstar team can help them in the NFL.. no way...

saints will win with all round play, rams with offense... tough race for the two teams... i'm lookin at both teams winning 9 or 10... gonna go with 10 wins for the saints and 9 for the rammies...

as for teams that scare me, the rams rank number 1... they CAN put up 50 points... the saints cant.. if both make the playoffs the rams would be my choice to go further just because the other teams in the nfc do NOT have that offensive power the rams have... and i believe the rams offense is better than the great defenses in philly, tampa and new orleans... the thing is, warner will make mistakes in the season and hopefully keep the rams out of the playoffs... but i doubt it.

What do you all think of these young Ram defenders? I think there defense will be improved from last year, although it may take some time. I like Damione Lewis from UM, and the other 1st rounders. The 2 fast FSU backers Tommey Polley and Brain Allen that they got in the 2nd round should be contributing by midseason. The Rams have to be considered the team to beat in that division, because of the fact that if they stay healthy they will be a leading SuperBowl contender, whereas I wouldn't say the same about the Saints. They have a solid team from top to bottom, but I don't see them having Superbowl caliber talent.

I think the Rams and Saints will be going at it all year long for the divison slot. Although they both could possibly make the playoffs this year. Saints should go with Brooks at QB in my opinion.

I doubt the Rams will be any better at Defense, look what happened to the skins last year with all their rookies.

I think the SKins defense suffered last year due to underachieving play by all the vewterans they brought in the last couple of years...Dana Stubblefield, Dan Wilkinson, Deion...They got some decent play from Bruce Smith and Marco Coleman. Besides Arrington, I don't really memebr who they're other rookies were. Talk about a team with no chemistry...

for some reason I thought courney brown was taken by the skins, but I just realized the browns got him. They were teamates at Penn state, thats what confused me.

I thought the skins had 2 high rookie defensive picks, I may be wrong.

I think they used there other really high pick on Chris Samuals, the offensice tackle. I think he went 3rd and Arrington went 4th. i liek the cornewr Smoot they got in the 2nd round this year, and Rod Gardner, wR from Clemson. MAybe they'll turn out to be homeruns like Champ Bailey. I expect more from Arrington this year, he was more of a nickle backer last year.

that water boy scene was a complete joke.. LT felt like laughing at himself or something...i'm surprised they didnt try to get dexter manley to do that scene with him... he was the first guy i recall getting thrown out of the league for drugs...

bad things.. that was a cool commercial.. dennis hopper..

as for the skins... CANT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS WAIT 2 DAYS? :)

back to the rams and saints.. like i said, i think the saints will win the division but the rams have superbowl potential where the saints do not... i think the rams will be inconsistent on defense through the year and that will lead to their losing out on the division title... where as in the playoffs they SHOULD be stable enough to "contain" an offense and their offense will still be that powerhouse point machine it has been for 2 years...

thats strange though picking one team as the better regular season team yet thinking the 2nd place team has a better superbowl shot...

regardless, both will fall short :)

thick- if for some reason the bucs get home field in the playoffs can i stay with you? i gotta be there to watch my eagles :)

true MB, I'm gonna try and catch a few Bucs game sthis year, as well as Dolphins. That would be a good NFC title game. I tend to think the Eagles should have a better regular season record than the Bucs will, since the NFC central is stronger than the East. I think Philly will pound the Giants this year.

Top Bottom