Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i got a bit of a problem:(

BigDogg

Hey bro's... I got a problem. My lower chest is really lagging behind, i have pretty much no shape to it compared to my upper chest. looks a little like i got tits:( I wanna fix this problem asap, so i've been hitting lower chest hard... I just wanna make sure i'm doin it right.

Here's my most chest routine(its been based somewhat around this for 4 years), in order.(keep in mind that right now my main focus is my lower chest):

Dec. Bench.. 10,8,8,6
Lower cable crossovers.. 10,10,10
Decline Flyes.. 10,10,8,8
Flat Bench.. 10,8,8,6
Cable Crossovers..10,10,10
Incline dumbell.. 10,8,8,6,6

I've had pretty decent results with this workout,except that problem with the lower chest. What can I do to help it catch up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

That looks like it would hit the lower chest in a big way. You may just not have the genetics for it. Sounds like you have a "barrel" shaped chest. Maybe you need to give it more time.

Try some pullovers. That might help too.

Good Luck.

TAURIUS said:
That looks like it would hit the lower chest in a big way. You may just not have the genetics for it. Sounds like you have a "barrel" shaped chest. Maybe you need to give it more time.

Good Luck.

I was thinking the same thing about the pullovers, and i tried to do it the other day, but i dont think i'm doing them right. can you explain how to do them for me? it'd be cool of ya. thanks man

The only thing I would recommend is trying dips instead of dec. bench every once in a while. Here's the key to make dips an effective lower chest exercise. First, if you have the right bars, use a wide grip. I.E. don't have your hands near your sides. This can easily be done if your dip bars angle like a V. Always face toward the narrow part of the V. Next. Don't bring your feet up towards your can. Leave them straight. Your upper body should lean forward SLIGHTLY. The first day I tried these my lower pecs were on fire. Good luck man. Hope this helps.

lunatic calm said:
The only thing I would recommend is trying dips instead of dec. bench every once in a while. Here's the key to make dips an effective lower chest exercise. First, if you have the right bars, use a wide grip. I.E. don't have your hands near your sides. This can easily be done if your dip bars angle like a V. Always face toward the narrow part of the V. Next. Don't bring your feet up towards your can. Leave them straight. Your upper body should lean forward SLIGHTLY. The first day I tried these my lower pecs were on fire. Good luck man. Hope this helps.

i got the exact dip bench you're talkin about at the gym, i'm gonna do em and see how they go on my next chest day(sunday).. ill let ya know how they go. thanks for the advice.
later

TAURIUS said:

What the hell for? Pullovers are supposed to be a back exercise.

My suggestion would be to stop doing 10 billion exercises for chest. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "LOWER" CHEST! A chest is a chest! Work your chest and it will grow into whatever shape your genetics have destined it to grow. If your pecs look "tit-like," you might want to diet down a little.

-Warik

It sounds like you are mostly upset because you have some fat on your chest. Some diet and cardio will reveal the shape of your chest.

Last edited:
ALTHOUGH I DO AGREE ABOUT DIET ON THIS ONE W/ THE REST OF THE FELLAS,I BELEIVE THAT PULLOVERS DO TARGET THE CHEST.BUT,THEY TARGET THE SAME AREA AS THE INCLINE BENCH...THE PULLOVERS(FOR CHEST) ARE BASICALLY A RESTRICTED MOVEMENT,WHERE THE ECCENTRIC PORTION OF THE EXERCISE IS LIMITED AND THE CONCENTRIC PORTION IS BROUGHT ALL THE WAY UNDER YOUR NIPS APPROX...AS FOR THE PULLOVERS FOR BACK,THE ECCENTRIC IS BROUGHT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE TO STRETCH THE LATS AND THE CONCENTRIC PORTION TAKES A HALT AT ABOUT EYE LEVEL...FYI.

PS:IN ANY CASE,IF YOUR CHEST LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOT TITTIES,THEN PERHAPS YOUR DIET IS NOT IN CHECK OR PERHAPS YOU HAVE A CASE OF GYNO.STICK A FINGER ON THE SIDE OF YOUR NIPS AND PRESSDOWN...DO YOU FEEL A HARD LIKE TISSUE...IF SO YOU HAVE GYNO...IF NOT,YOUR PROBABLY HOLDING WATER,HENCE THE TITTY EFFECT.:xeye:

Top Bottom