Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you define a body builder?

Bodybuilder is someone who sculpt his body, if you workout to gain muscle you are a bodybuilder.. It doesnt matter who it is or how big or ripped you are, if a newb who never lift weight before and start to workout to build muscle his a bodybuilder, doesn't mean you have to compete or be a juicehead to be called a bodybuilder ..
Thats the definition of a bodybuilder..

So if we boil this all down then: dedication, drive, the want to be better. Its still great, (at least to me), to see how others feel about this and define it, and in their own words.

So if we boil this all down then: dedication, drive, the want to be better. Its still great, (at least to me), to see how others feel about this and define it, and in their own words.

I agree and disagree with some views myself. I'm more about the dedication and drive. If I go outside and shoot hoops does that make me a basketball player?

I agree and disagree with some views myself. I'm more about the dedication and drive. If I go outside and shoot hoops does that make me a basketball player?

good point. you have to do this full time just like your full time job.

you cannot go fishing once a week and consider yourself a fisherman. the real fisherman are the people there 5X a week . the place i fish there are people there EVERYDAY who make a living selling the fish they catch to the local markets. those to me are the real fisherman.

i am looked at as some guy who isn't serious who is cutting into their livelihood when i fish in their hot spot, just like the kid at the gym who shows up once every 2 weeks who steals your squat rack in between sets to do curls.

A bodybuilder is someone who commits to a life of good diet, disciplined training, and the avoidance of negative influences/things in the pursuit of a more muscular body.

Its all about the dedication. Period. They say bodybuilding is a life style and its true. If u lift 4 times a week and go get trashed all weekend, u are not a bodybuilder. If u can get in the gym but can't tweek your diet to reach your goals, u are not a bodybuilder. To me, even if you are not making some progression in the gym at all, u are not a bodybuilder. Working out, eating, and sleeping to maintain is not bodybuilding. Nothing is being built. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but just stating a fact. I dont care about size, weight, strength, etc. Everyone is at a differ. level. If u can't dedicate your life to it and if u dont have the drive to progress, u are not a bodybuilder.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

good point. you have to do this full time just like your full time job.

you cannot go fishing once a week and consider yourself a fisherman. the real fisherman are the people there 5X a week . the place i fish there are people there EVERYDAY who make a living selling the fish they catch to the local markets. those to me are the real fisherman.

i am looked at as some guy who isn't serious who is cutting into their livelihood when i fish in their hot spot, just like the kid at the gym who shows up once every 2 weeks who steals your squat rack in between sets to do curls.

^^^^^+1 thank you!!

Its all about the dedication. Period. They say bodybuilding is a life style and its true. If u lift 4 times a week and go get trashed all weekend, u are not a bodybuilder. If u can get in the gym but can't tweek your diet to reach your goals, u are not a bodybuilder. To me, even if you are not making some progression in the gym at all, u are not a bodybuilder. Working out, eating, and sleeping to maintain is not bodybuilding. Nothing is being built. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but just stating a fact. I dont care about size, weight, strength, etc. Everyone is at a differ. level. If u can't dedicate your life to it and if u dont have the drive to progress, u are not a bodybuilder.

^^^ +1 again! Great post!

Thanks guys. I just see too many people trying to go around calling themselves bodybuilders so I am a bit crucial about the subject. Ha ha.

Top Bottom