Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone ever eaten Kobe beef?

Arabian said:
They also give them beer and Sake to fatten them up..

Their 100% high quality diet is noticeable in the taste. The massage and lack of strenuous activity reduces amount of and softens collagen which is mostly tasteless but rubbery. The other major factor is the hundreds of years of selective breeding.

I've had those Kobe beefburgers, btw. Despite my doubts they turned out to be very tasty. The distinctive taste came through and stayed with me like a good meal does. I think it's more a matter of preparation skill. You can ruin a steak just as much as a hamburger.

Tajima is most notably known for its being the birthplace of Kobe beef, known locally as Tajima Beef.

Wikipedia- Tajima province

Increased demand has led to the marketing of "Kobe-style beef" made by crossbreeding Angus with the traditional Wagyu line.

Over rated. I grew up on a Montana cattle ranch and now live in Japan so I would consider myself a good source.

I've had it. Was tender, otherwise not really all that remarkable? Had it nearly raw, seared/

Lestat said:
I've had it. Was tender, otherwise not really all that remarkable? Had it nearly raw, seared/

Only way to eat a steak. Wipe it's ass and warm it up.

Remarkably overpriced though. Still very good meat. but $40 for a filet is a bit much.

Kobe is better raw with some sweet soy and garlic paste and green onions.

Top Bottom