Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

had my first kali class......

danielson

Elite Mentor
Platinum
to help me prepare ow to use an asp baton

just one wuick wuestion....how important would you say the length of the stick is, ive seen them at 16-17, 21 and 26 inches.....which would be the best one to buy in your opinion

very cool bro.

Taking into consideration that you're either training with a 25.5" or 28" rattan stick, you could go with the 26" ASP. But, you also have to consider that the asp is heavier and balanced different. I chose a 21" as my first simply because it was more comfortable for me.

I know it doesn't help, but I'd have to say find a place that carries all lengths, and mess around with them all. See what feels better. I'd recommend either 21 or 26 though.

Enjoy the Kali:)

sadly the place is mail order.....the dont sell em here, not that i've seen anyway. its the fold away size thats got me worried, the 21" goes down to 9" and the 16-17" inch ones go to 7". ahh well......i tink i will order one and see how it goes

he teaches muay thai, JKD, wing chun, pankration and aikido too......im gonna be training as close to MMA as i;ve found where i live and kung fu at the same time i'm so psyched :D

danielson said:
to help me prepare ow to use an asp baton

just one wuick wuestion....how important would you say the length of the stick is, ive seen them at 16-17, 21 and 26 inches.....which would be the best one to buy in your opinion

The length is important only in how you want to use it. If close in fighting is going to be tha main thing, than get the shorter one. If longer range combat is going to be the thing, then get the longer ones. Personally, untill you get some serious experience in whatever it is you will be using it for, go with the length closest to what is used your class. It could be a life saver.

Glad to see you've found a good prof. That's the hardest part.

Do you know his background?

I forgot that they're illegal where you are. Me too. They come with a nice hefty felony if you're caught with one here.

By the way...I don't know if you saw them, but you should buy a breakaway scabbard for your asp. They work great, they're cheap, and they're easily concealable.

well the classes are supposedly run by a qualified instructor who worked as a bouncer for 8 years and has won several martial arts competitions. whatever that means. i was very wary at first as i didnt see all that many qualifications etc. i'll still play it by ear and hope his techniques are good and his teaching style is understandable. my kung fu instructor is really good, qualified and 2 times national champ so i;ll have something to compare the new guy to

<mumbling under breath>....well strictly speaking you cant carry one round with you. but if i was going to, purely hypothetically that is i'd go for the 21" even if at 9" un extended its a little unwieldy. i found a place that seklls them here so i might just be able to go take a look

whats the felony and sentence? i've resisted buying one up until now, but im potentially gonna be working in a dangerous place and i dont wanna have to fend of attackers with my hands, im not good enough yet :(

Last edited:
he;s not wing chun.....someone told me he was and he isnt. he;s jeet kun do, pankration, thai, aikido, kungfu (i assme the jun fan) and a bit of boxing

p.s. thai conditioning hurts like hell!!! :D

Thaibox said:

:dance2: Welcome to my world my friend
Ice packs and scorching hot baths become your friends quickly

oh yeah, buy a cane:)

a cane?
oh crud, the im assuming to walk with :bawling:

ive used up some tiger balm thats for sure. my forearms and shins are nice and hard as ive conditioned them for a while now, but the sides of my torso need to toughen up i think :D

Top Bottom