Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football training

like they said ---check out Beebe's program--cutting edge.

also--what worked for me in high school---Squats twice a week heavy one and reps another---and jump rope at least four times a week doing at least 2000 a day.

and go for it man---you have good stats ----just go for it and dont talk yourself out of it.

Your stats sound good. If your gonna use juice try test prop and winny. I Used it b4 my senior year and was able to go from a 4.55 to a 4.48 on 3 seperate clocks and now I have an invite to a regional combine. Try and learn as much about plyometircs as you can, they work. Also your start is crucial so dedicate a lot of time to it. Finally, to be fast over 40 yards train within that distance, I wouldnt run any sprint longer than 60 meters on my speed work days

Some beneficial things to do/know:

Do Plyometrics (Box jumps, run stadium stairs, side bounds, etc.)
If you are heavy at all, buy a set of "Jumpers Knee" straps. They fasten just under your kneecaps. I'd never have had patellar tendonitis (jumpers knee) if I'd found these straps earlier

Sprint (10, 20, 40, 100yds - might do out of a 3pt stance too)

Jump Rope (50 both legs, 50 left leg, 50 right leg) - You can also do 2 passes on one jump (takes practice) and jogging while jump roping)

Make sure your neck & lower back are strong. Weighted Hyperextensions, Good Mornings, Low Rows, Deadlifts are all good exercises for the lower back. If you dont have a neck machine in your gym, hold a weight or dumbell on your forehead and lay your head over the edge of a bench, or press your head against your hands or a towel for resistance. You can also do bridges like a wrestler/boxer would.

Hope this helps. BTW, I ran a 4.9 at 250. If I could have gotten to around 225, I'm guessing I'd have been running 4.4-4.6 easily.

Thanks for all the info!

I'm thinking about playing on a club football team next fall and this should help a ton :) I would try out for the Div 1 school that I go to but at 5'5" the tackling dummies are taller than me....

K State has a running back with over 1000 yds this season who's only 5'7" though so maybe I'll give it a shot. Never know untill you try.

Top Bottom