Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fighters' training updates

Thaibox

Just wanted to check up on everyones' training. LS pm'd me asking how I was, which made me wonder about everyone else.

How's the training going. How are the fights going?

Zen...you get hitched yet man?

Ball and chain gets attached June 7th.

Graduate School ends in about 3 weeks and I am hoping to start training again. Haven't had much time lately with full time work and full time grad school.

Looking at Judo for something different. Nothing else besides TKD in town otherwise.

You hitting anything/anyone yet?

Babyfaced, what's up with that?

Zen, congrats on June 7th bro. Big thing. I've been engaged for almost a year now, and just can't see that big date anywhere in the near future. Judo would be cool to toss in the mix for a while. There's nothing else in your area?

I'm not hitting anyone, but I'm starting to hit things again. I do training intervals now. I do 1-2 minutes of drill, then 5-10 minutes of hands on my knees, weezing....trying to catch my breath:) Its sad

long and miserable story thaibox
i was training in muay thai with the only decent club in my area
i was gonna have my first pro fight later this year but i have done ligament damage in my wrist and it was close to another fight of mine (am)
my instructor got pissed off at me since he needed fights for the card and he just gave me verbal abuse for getting injured so i decided it wasnt worth training with him.
Now i have no muay thai gym to train at
on the bright side though a local kickboxing coach has offered me a team on his fight team but it's all kicks above the waist
he said he'll help me get thai fights though as an ex european chamion trains at his gym (he used to train with the club i used to train under but left under similar circumstances, go figure eh)

I might try my hand at MMA if i dont get joy finding thai fights though but i really had dreams of going somewhere in Muay Thai
:(

Thai,

The time sneaks up on you. It didn't seem all that long ago that we had just got engaged.

Nothing but TKD schools around here, no one is doing anything even remotely close to "realistic" training. I am going to look and see if I can find a local boxing club. I think it is golden gloves, which probably leaves me a little too old, but who knows.

Babyfaced,

Have you tried going back to the old instructor? Maybe it is all water under the bridge now.

i dont know if he'll take me back, he's the kind of guy that doesnt give second chances also i know what he's like and i feel that maybe i'll go fight pro under him but at what costs to my own hapiness and mental state, seriously he used to play real mind games with us and he was like an army sargeant, he'd push us which i loved yeah that was good but never said a good thing about how hard we were training or anything. I just dont know if i could handle it and his " muay thai is a brutal sport" mentality
muay thai aint about being brutal ffs! it's about mutual respect !

looking foward to seeing a video taken of me fighting in kali, i think it was the same class i was twatted over the head by a newbie to the class :)

seems to have helped my instructor see my weak pointss, he;s already noticed one of my flaws (advancing too much in one direction/plane)

bwaaaahahahaha.....ummm......no! :D

i can;t anyway....its on VHS and is 1,5hrs

Top Bottom