Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Broncos will crush the raiders on Monday Night Football

Passes of less than 5 yards shouldn't really count. I miss Elway. He was always good for some long bomb attempts. Pretty good at it too.

I think this friggin quarterback rating system has turned our passers into modified hand off boys. The game just doesn't have the balls that it used to.

Hard hits that used to get praised now get penalized for...."unecessary roughness." Modern players prolly have more plastic surgery than missing teeth.

Testosterone boy said:
Passes of less than 5 yards shouldn't really count.

I could see it every once in a while, but the Raiders do it ad nauseum. It's like playing touch football and you need 3 completions for a first down - you don't care how far it is.

I can't remember the last time I saw Tim Brown catch a long one.

AWWWWWWWW lets :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: about the Bronco's getting there asses handed to them. I guess Rich didn't complete a 50 yard pass to Charlie Garner or a 40 Yard TD to Jerry Rice. They were all short:rolleyes:

Short and Steady wins the race..
With a few bootleg long passes in there to make it fun....

Denver Donkeys lost this one.... One way or another.

Gannon saw what Denver was doing with the 8 man pass coverage and 2 man rush and used it against them with the short pass. Very smart if you ask me.. Lots of crossing patterns with him able to hit the man right at the exact moment.

AFC West coming up next....

I believe the short pass is one definitive aspect of the "West Coast Offense".

An average of 4.6 yards per catch means you're almost always getting a first down. Lessens the amount of interceptions as well.

Raiders are a solid team as are the Broncs, but the broncos just weren't firing on all cylinders....in fact rumor has it, the Raiders stole two of their cylinders to use just for this game.

ttlpkg said:

For an average of 4.6 yards a catch. :rolleyes:

THATS BESIDES THE POINT. A COMPLETE PASS IS A COMPLETE PASS. THE FACT THAT HE COMPLETED SO MANY SHORT PASSES DOESNT SAY MUCH FOR DENVER'S DEFENSE. YOU WOULD THINK AFTER ALL THOSE DAMN SHORT PASSES COMPLETED ON THEM, THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED.

A WIN IS A WIN. WHETHER IT BE BY 1 INCH OR 10 CAR LENGHTS. SAME WITH FOOTBALL. IF HE GOT THE WIN BY COMPLETING SHORT YARDAGE PASSES, HE STILL GOT THE WIN.

KAYNE

KAYNE said:

THATS BESIDES THE POINT. A COMPLETE PASS IS A COMPLETE PASS. THE FACT THAT HE COMPLETED SO MANY SHORT PASSES DOESNT SAY MUCH FOR DENVER'S DEFENSE. YOU WOULD THINK AFTER ALL THOSE DAMN SHORT PASSES COMPLETED ON THEM, THEY WOULD HAVE ADJUSTED.

A WIN IS A WIN. WHETHER IT BE BY 1 INCH OR 10 CAR LENGHTS. SAME WITH FOOTBALL. IF HE GOT THE WIN BY COMPLETING SHORT YARDAGE PASSES, HE STILL GOT THE WIN.

KAYNE

Yep, you're right about that, I just wonder sometimes if the QB is trying to pad his stats. Also, it seems a waste to toss it out 5 yards to Jerry Rice or Tim Brown.

Denver's D never adjusted, or when they did, that's probably when they got hit with the rare bomb. It sounds like Denver's linebackers are weak.

It was a great game regardless IMO....

Believe me, the trash was flowing between Me and a few Co-Workers in Denver yesterday...

Top Bottom