Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxers, please help

NAS

Hi, I'm going to start Boxing next week.
I'm hoping to go into amateur level, and If I am good enough, maybe take it up professionally.

Anyway, I will be training on Monday and Wednesday, both 1 hour sessions.
The first session is a cardiovascular workout, which works on fitness etc.
The second session will be aimed at focusing on technical skills..i.e. the boxing, sparring.

I'm assuming both of the sessions will be demanding. Therefore, would it be overtraining If i Did Some cardio on Tuesday, and Then Further training on Thursday?
By training 4 days in a row, will any gains in muscle, cardiovascular fitness be affected?
Presumably, my recovery will also be impeded?

I also ahve some joint pains, I was wondering will this restrict my progression, so to speak, in boxing?

When do you train with weights?

There's a good chance that your joint pains will get better after you begin training. Try Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate. Icy/hot when necessary. If you didn't have joint pains, you wouldn't be human. You'd be amazed what kind of pain and injuries the pros train through.

Your schedule only covers Mon-Thur. What do you plan on doing for the other 3 days?

to make it in boxing especially proffesional u have to be one tough mother fucker and be extremely dedicated. It takes alot of endurance. No it would not be overtraining if u did ur own work in between you should actaully be training almost everyday. also It is essential to have a strong mid section. You should be doing ab work everyday. I know a few people that are involved with boxing at my gym and they tell me the main thing is persistance and dedication

I thai and kickbox at a novice (C class) level and i train 6 days a week twice a day so I would say 2 sessions of boxing a week, although good to start with, isn't enough to actually compete. The best thing is to speak with your coaches. If you wanna take it serious then you are gonna have to have good coaches and if they cant give u decent advice on this matter, look for another gym

Top Bottom