Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bonds hit's homerun in first at bat after missing 3/4 season

• Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
im2manly said:
I agree Bonds it the greatest player.....to ever juice and play. Ok lets overlook the fact that after 2000, when most people at his age are on there way down, he wins 4 of his 7 mvps, lets overlook the fact that he hit over 70s hrs when he was near 40 when prior to that he never topped 50....ever. so i guess my question is, look at his career prior to 2000....would u still condsider him the most dangerous or greatest player of his generation? i mean jesus it is impossible to say steroids didnt help him.

Ok, wiseguy, explain why he's still hitting homeruns at pretty much the same clip as when he broke the record. Difference is that they actually pitched to him for 2/3 of that season...before the 'chicken' era of walking him intentionally at every opportunity came to pass. The man has been tested for a couple of years now. CLEAN. Still hitting HRs at an amazing clip. Still putting bombs into the Cove and into the upper deck.

Phaded said:
imagine bonds on the redsox.. they couldn't pitch around em..
I dissagree with you on the greatest of all time but put him in the Yankee line up and that short porch in right, look out. Remember that HR he hit off Ted Lilly a couple of years ago! You do have to give him credit San Fran is not a great hitters park for lefties.

bluehen said:
I dissagree with you on the greatest of all time but put him in the Yankee line up and that short porch in right, look out. Remember that HR he hit off Ted Lilly a couple of years ago! You do have to give him credit San Fran is not a great hitters park for lefties.

remember that home run he hit off the angels setup man in the world series.. the ball was hit so far you couldn't even pick it up on the camera..

k boys
y'all getting vile up in here
k
bb is a slugger
not of the mode of ruth (but if you look at ruth's antics you wonder how the hell he hit what he did....he used to be a pitcher
back then there was fast ball curve ball
today there is cutball, knuckleball, slider, cut fastball, etc....
there are players scouting signs
there are tapes of fave moves of certain pictures
but ya know
when you're up to bat
you have 3-5 seconds to decide what kind of ball it is
what the rotation is on it and what part of the plate it will float over
to hit a ball effectively you need a keen eye and quick hands
bonds possesses all that
and the abilitiy to see a pitcher a few times and figure what he will pitch
that is how he hits homeruns

i dare anyone to go out on a pitching field and try to do the same
as bruce lee did alot of training not just phsyically but more hand eye he got better

I found this on ESPN.com...pretty much says it all:

The pitch to Barry Bonds was right where John Patterson wanted it, a cut fastball that dipped inside, meant to be a ball that might serve to push the San Francisco Giants slugger a tad off the plate.

And then, in a blink, Bonds whipped his bat, driving the ball over the right-field wall. The two-run shot, his 707th career homer and fourth in four games, came in the first inning Wednesday night and started the Giants on their way to a 5-1 victory over the Washington Nationals.

"I don't know how he hit it. We were all talking about it after we came into the dugout," Patterson said. "It's like fighting Ali. You make one little mistake, and he makes you pay. You realize, at some point, Barry's going to get you."

wow comparing bonds to ali.. who is the best fighter ever ..and obiwan.. that is a great post puts everything into perspective for mr manly..

Top Bottom