Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball training help

madhops22

Are there any basketball players out there? Even better, are there any pro trainers out there? I need some help...I want to add 8 inches to my verticle jump by June...If you could give me tips on what exercises I should be doing, etc I would appreciate it. Also, how do you "train yourself to jump higher"? I know there is a psychological aspect in jumping, how is it done? I see all these advertisements in basketball magazines saying that they can help you improve your jumping abilities...I don't want to spend tonnes of money on something that could be a fraud.

Any help is much appreciated!

Madhops

Go to www.elitefitnesssystems.com and encorporate the band and chain training into your squat routine. GM's, deads, and overhead presses might help too. Sled dragging could be something to consider also. Of course...lots of plyo's and jumping in general.

B True

madhops22 said:
Are there any basketball players out there? Even better, are there any pro trainers out there? I need some help...I want to add 8 inches to my verticle jump by June...If you could give me tips on what exercises I should be doing, etc I would appreciate it. Also, how do you "train yourself to jump higher"? I know there is a psychological aspect in jumping, how is it done? I see all these advertisements in basketball magazines saying that they can help you improve your jumping abilities...I don't want to spend tonnes of money on something that could be a fraud.

Any help is much appreciated!

Madhops

If you will give me a day or so....I can find out exactly what you can do to really really increase that vertical. I used to play ball and my coach had us doing some exercises that worked wonders! I'll look it up for ya, okay? :)

Explosive training???

Do you know of any specific exercises I should be doing? If you have any links or any more info, I would appreciate it.

thanks!

Madhops

here there are some explosive lifts in here as well as some gifs on how to perform them. look under powerlifting exercises. are you on a team? do you have a coach? you might want to check out some jumping exercises as well. box jumps. flag jump(I think you just jump in one spot trying to reach above your head). sprints? not a ball player here, but I thought I'd throw something at you.

My sister is a vball/basketball player and she has had much success with explosion squats.

Take a video of yourself jumping as you would on the court and then study your range of motion as you jump. Most athletes dont even come close to parallel when they are on the court. Therefore, when you are doing your squats, you do not need to go parallel---just go down as far as you do when you jump and then explode up-- some jump, some dont. just make sure you dont lock your knees out when you finish the lift and get a weight that is 'comfortable'--not too heavy. My sister is a high school senior, she is 5'11"--150 lbs and she does (115 x 12-15) x 5.

You also really need to work on your hambs---rip em up on the leg curls. Many athletes trying to add highth to their verticle still neglect their hambs. I have Amy do super sets on leg curls. that is one set x 10 with one leg then the other leg x 10 then the first leg x 8 immediately after with no rest, then the other leg x 8. Do 4-5 sets of these.

This with your other supplemental leg lifts coupled with plyometrics as listed above will add to your verticle. You will get out what you put in.

I have talked to many college coaches and they all said the best way to jump higher is to jump. they all said this--every one.

So do your plyometrics until you cannot stand and you will add to your leap.

good luck.

HM

Last edited:
u should look into getting the book
"high powerd plyometrics"
or
"jumping into plyometrics"

both of them have mad exercises and specific programs for b-ball and or vertical leap

ya i ball in t.

ya where do you play i might know of it have you ever heard of scarborough blues thats how i play for.
anywaz, plys are the best for quick jumping but you also need the explosiveness to for power training.
some plys im doin right now are i go down in a squat as far down as i can and i jump up as high as i can and as far as i can and go down in a squat as soon as i land and dont touch the ground with my hands.
calf raise but you have to be vary precise about how you do it. quality! and some basic jumping stuff just quick jumps.
if you want i can send you air alert if you want email me. that really help after that i was dunking (im 5 9)but your vert will decrease after you stop it you will have gained some but some of what you have gained u will lose.

Top Bottom