Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball training help

so ya i dont want to cut my calorie intake to much. and i heard if i lose fat % i will lose strebght some one on this board said that.

If your 15 I wouldn't worry about any of this, just play and jump a lot, that freethrow tip in drill will do wonders. Do that a couple times a week for 15-30 mins and you will improve! I added a lot of vert doing just this exercise, and that helped me do double and triple pogo jumps very easily ala Rodman. Makes you get up there quicker off the ground. Anyway I model my game after Barkley so I love rebounding and low post stuff :)

I also do lots of backboard or rim tap shots in practise, trying to get maximum height on my layups and tap the backboard or rim everytime I go up. Even when I'm under the ring after a rebound I'll try jump as high as I can and tap the board when I shoot it. Just conditions you to jump at max power everytime you jump. Yeah also try and block every shot your defending with max effort, even if you can't get there. Just one more thing to condition your muscles to explode 100% everytime. A lot of vertical is due to technique and nerves. Just have to teach your body to explode, fire off every single muscle cell, think yourself as a piece of dynamite!

You will only lose strength if you lose muscle and sap your carb stores. So don't starve - lose the fat slowly and you will be fine. But since your 15 I wouldn't bother at this stage, unless your really fat.

Training with 2 Lbs attached won't affect shot if its placed in the right place. There are some tight shorts you can buy with sleeves for weight attachments on the thigh area, that won't affect your shot but will affect your layup technique. I would only use it when your training for vertical and rebounding power at the end of a training session. When your practising your shot I would take it off. But then again its like making your muscles get used to a heavier bodyweight, and when you take it off, you feel a lot lighter! :)

thanks man ya i did air alert beofre have oyu heard of that. i think its really bad ion the knees cuz you do plys everday hard to.
so do you have any other advice for my game. im a two guard i do alot of rebounding for my team to i love jumpin up there with the big guys and ripping the boards down from 6 something guys. so anyother advice would be great.
thanks
but ya im not fat you can see my abs and everything but i measured my fat % and it said i was 18. does that make sense

Yeah I have Air Alert 2 and a few other programs I borrowed from my friend, he bought a lot of them. I'll say one thing, most of them are scams! I guess lots of kids want big verts, and will pay the bucks for anything that will give em that.

Air Alert2 is real bad. It makes no sense, since your made to workout everyday. Your muscles only improve when you rest, and jumping creates a hell a lot of stress. Air Alert 2 is good for shin splints! If you haven't jumped a lot, it will improve your vertical a bit, but power weights exercises, basic plyometrics, lots of jumping and tip in drills that are much better for that.

If you can see your abs, then your bodyfat is definitely not 18%! I'm at 14% bodyfat now and I can't see my abs :)
Your probably closer to 10% maybe a little lower. It can be different for everyone. I store most of fat on my waist and butt.

For a 2 guard, I guess you will need a fast first step if your slasher type. Good dribbling and ball control skills too. That tip in drill will help your rebounding, timing for grabbing boards and your first step explosion if you take off as fast as you can after you throw the ball up to the rim. Hmm can't help you much there, since I've always played more like a power forward with dribbling skills - since my jumper is broke, I've always been a post player, I thrive on a power game, bumping up on people down low :)

For you I guess you should be like Mike :D

tru thanks man. someone on here was telling me i should take xenadrine or something like that what you think.
thanks again
ps first i was a shooter but i want to put more into my game so right now im just takin it stronge to the baskteball like 3/4 times.

i know what your sayin

two seasons ago i was a four and five man for my team cuz we where weak with hieght. well one time in the provincial playoffs and i had to guard a guy that was 6'8" and i was 5'8". but this guy had bad knees. so i just eat off that and just fronted him the whole game. even though i played the hole game i was getting stronger after every defencive play cuz they would try to lob it in to him and i would still it or just somethig like that that would get me hype. anywaz, i would just sit on his knee s and he wasnt goin anywhere this guy grabbed no boards no nothin. ya man bangin in the post is the best

Well, i weigh 255, i am 6'1 and can grab the rrim.

I guess that ain't bad.

Need to increase my vert for testing though. My standing vert jump sucks. Looks like i am playing a lot of basketball this summer.

thats another thing. my standing vert is really weak. theres a guy in my class that cant get near as high as me in games, but in the testing he kills me.

Hehe my standing vert is 1 inch lower than my one step 2 legged jump. And my run up one legged jump is the same as my 2 legged jump - go figure, it should be higher :)

Currently my vertical is at 37inches - it should go up once I get rid of my excess bodyfat. Hoping to get another 6-8 inches. It should, my bodyweight has dropped 6 kg already and I've still got a lot fat to lose! At least another 6 kg.

ABout taht Xendarine stuff, try it and see how you go. On Some people it works great, on others not so good - can be dangerous. Make it hard to sleep too, make you hyper as hell. Gotta drink lots of water and I'd only take it in the morning.

Top Bottom