Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Basketball training help

I am really wondering how it would affect you if you took a light jumpstretch band and hooked it under your feet and across your shoulders/neck and played a basketball game....or part of it. Just wondering if it would help your rebounding, jumping, etc... It would strengthen your body from the neck down.

B True

Buy some strength shoes. I used to be a mad baller. I played in the national semi-finals for hoop-it-up when I was in college. I got those strength shoes from a friend and did the plyometric routine that comes with it and I added 14 inches to my vertical in about 4 months. 34 in to 48. Also made me a lot faster. Train shoulders hard. They have a big effect on jumping and running. Avoid those jumps where you squat all the way down and jump as high as you can and leg extensions. Those will tear your knees up. If you have access to one of those trampoline basketball games those are also excellent for your vertical. I've seen hundreds of people get great results with those shoes. If you do the excercises you will add AT LEAST 8 inches.

ninja

are you talking bout the shoes you can buy in th slam magazine.
and have you ever heard of ppl jump on a high jump mat. i heard that is great to.

personaly expierience: i used strength shoes for give or take some..maybe a year.. saw zero results.. once i stopped using them and training explosive\core lifting program and plyometrics i doubled my vertical.

rgosit

So your saying you did the plyometrics with the shoes and got no results but did the plyometrics without the shoes and got results? Doesn't sound right to me. You can't just wear the shoes around and expect results. My vertical never dropped after I quit using them either.

ninja i dint just ware the shoes around.. i followed there plyo program to the T..saw nothing. And actually prior to that i was doing other plyo workouts..including the jumpsoles workout with them...

once i took the shoes off and did my plyos then i saw results..

www.jumpstretch.com

look on their page about bands, then scroll down to where it says something about explosive training.

B True

b fold the truth said:
I am really wondering how it would affect you if you took a light jumpstretch band and hooked it under your feet and across your shoulders/neck and played a basketball game....or part of it. Just wondering if it would help your rebounding, jumping, etc... It would strengthen your body from the neck down.

B True

Someone already thought of that big man...

http://jumpusa.com/elastic.html

Top Bottom