Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketogenic Diet - Tips on reaching Ketosis

Hi Bros,

Im on a CKD diet - only carbs I have is 20mg oats PWO + veg and a carb Bulking day once a week.

I find I tend to go into Ketosis after eating High fats (ie nuts) but I never seem to go fully into Ketosis, only half way (I use Ketostix to tell).

Anyone have any other methods to kick start ketosis/ supplements to help insulin etc?

Thanks in advance

so u r taking in only 50grams of carbs a day, approximately?

how many carbs on the carb up day?

GUARDIAN said:
so u r taking in only 50grams of carbs a day, approximately?

how many carbs on the carb up day?

Yeah, potentially less than 50g. Carb up day propbably about 300, starting with High GI, then moving to low. I tend to stop eating when I feel 'replenished'. No fructose

I heard the day after it is better to have lower protein and high fats to kickstart Ketosis again?

cobracock1979 said:
Yeah, potentially less than 50g. Carb up day propbably about 300, starting with High GI, then moving to low. I tend to stop eating when I feel 'replenished'. No fructose

I heard the day after it is better to have lower protein and high fats to kickstart Ketosis again?

to be honest i never carb up like that. i may have one cheat carb meal a week but nowhere near 300gr. but that is what works for me.

the rest of the time it is super high in protein and the rest fat with less than 100grams of carbs.

GUARDIAN said:
to be honest i never carb up like that. i may have one cheat carb meal a week but nowhere near 300gr. but that is what works for me.

the rest of the time it is super high in protein and the rest fat with less than 100grams of carbs.

similar here - I dont think I will have such a big bulk next time. Have you tried Alpha Lipoic acid to aid ketosis?

cobracock1979 said:
similar here - I dont think I will have such a big bulk next time. Have you tried Alpha Lipoic acid to aid ketosis?

nope. i usually keep my supps to a min. i have enough to take.....lol

Hi Bros,

Im on a CKD diet - only carbs I have is 20mg oats PWO + veg and a carb Bulking day once a week.

I find I tend to go into Ketosis after eating High fats (ie nuts) but I never seem to go fully into Ketosis, only half way (I use Ketostix to tell).

Anyone have any other methods to kick start ketosis/ supplements to help insulin etc?

Thanks in advance

You cannot gauge the Ketosis by an intensity by just measuring the RESIDUAL ketones excreted in the urine. The Ketostix can show up negative, it may mean that you used all your ketones as fuel or that you're just drinking too much and it's all diluted.
if you have traces or if the stick is purple, it doesn't matter you ARE in ketosis. Now the expenditure and the amount excreted has nothing to do with the "intensity"

Like Dan Duchaine recommends in Bodyopus, you're much better with a Glucometer than ketostix for that matter

I find the mid tests the best

concerning speeding ketosis, I take a 850mg Metformin tab Pwo (WITHOUT carbs) with whey and leucine. Back into ketosis in record time. I never go past the 20-25 g of C a day during 6days of the week (well I have other components that i'm not detailing here like clen, nolva etc.) but all in all the metformin is a good thing and MUCH better than slin to induce Ketosis

Top Bottom