Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What can i do instead of squats?

I already injured myself squatting, because the bar was not settle properly on my back. Every time i place the bar on my back i feel pain, so therefore i cannot do squats. I love doing front squats though. Recently i started the 5x5, i love it, but instead of squats i've been doing leg press. Is that going to effect the workout? What's the best exersise to substitute with squats?

if it just hurts when the bar is placed on your back i would guess it is either a trap, shoulder, neck, upper back or spine injury, or maybe some small muscle in the top of your back

either way if you can still front squat and deadlift you should be ok for a while until it recovers. Front squats might be a good change for you for a while.

if you still want to stick to the 5x5 i would just replace the back squats with front squats

One moment. Why can you not back squat? Let us address the issue instead of just working round it.

I am not able to understand this but correct me if I am wrong: what do you mean by the bar hurting you? What type of pain does it feel like?

What is your squat set-up like?

Having said all that, I think doing Front Squats is just fine - it is a much more functional exercise however I would still like to address the reason for your inability to do back squats. Is it a safety issue?

I like Squats is the most underrated exercise in bodybuilding.

have a flat bench behind you. hold the dbs in your hands. one leg goes up on the bench behind you. the leg down on the ground is gonna perform the squat. your knee should track over your toes as you squat down.

This might be particularly advisable for the thread starter since the bench will provide additional support for his back.

Let it heal and squat. Everything about the squat is perfectly safe for the body. The only problem with squats is when they are done right. Google Mark Rippetoe, read up, heal and continue on the path of manliness.

Top Bottom