Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

White lawmaker tries to join black caucus-gets denied-NAACP asks for HIS resignation!

Re: White lawmaker tries to join black caucus-gets denied-NAACP asks for HIS resignat

2ez said:
Read more about the person trying to obtain membership in the organization before commenting my friend.

It's about the message not the messenger.

2ez said:
this will always be the assumption until you see the representation of all ethnic groups in our Governmental offices.

They already are, in fact minorities are over represented in governmental offices.

2ez said:
You do realize that the rolls would be reverse if the political positions were filled with mostly those of African American, Asian or Indian decent.

ABSOLUTELY !!!! Who says only whites can be racist ? (mmm..minorities?) BTW - I dread that day. The day America looses it's european decendant majority.

Originally Posted by 2ez
this will always be the assumption until you see the representation of all ethnic groups in our Governmental offices.

apparently 2ez has never stepped foot in any government office. Its become rare to se a white male working in ANY government office.. at least in So Cal

Re: White lawmaker tries to join black caucus-gets denied-NAACP asks for HIS resignat

bluepeter said:
:lmao:

I will agree that the majority of the responsibility for an individuals failure to achieve lies with that individual. However, the inference that all are viewed equally and have the same opportunity in the US is laughable.

Doors ARE open to just about anyone who is willing to work hard enough bor.

People from ANY background can succeed in the US. Yes, some are more advantaged than others - easier to be born rich than poor.

But no one who is willing to work is systemically denied opportunity. That's just a lie.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Doors ARE open to just about anyone who is willing to work hard enough bor.

People from ANY background can succeed in the US. Yes, some are more advantaged than others - easier to be born rich than poor.

But no one who is willing to work is systemically denied opportunity. That's just a lie.

I respectfully disagree.

bluepeter said:
I respectfully disagree.

Do you believe that there are barriers which cannot be overcome? Institutional barriers?

People from certain backgrounds may have to work much harder than others, but, so what?

milo hobgoblin said:
Matt.. you may as well be arguing with a brick wall.

:)

Anyone can get ahead in this country. Anyone. It's easier for some, but the opportunity is there for anyone.

milo hobgoblin said:
Matt.. you may as well be arguing with a brick wall.

:)

Anyone can get ahead in this country. Anyone. It's easier for some, but the opportunity is there for anyone.

The Black Caucus sent me an invite to their annual shindig here in DC.

I have no idea why they sent it to me, as I have not put my name on any organization's list for distribution.

I should have signed up for the VIP pass, and taken a black man as a date.

Dial Tone, would you like to join me?

MattTheSkywalker said:
Do you believe that there are barriers which cannot be overcome? Institutional barriers?

People from certain backgrounds may have to work much harder than others, but, so what?

Institutional barriers? hhhmmm, I would say no except for inherent racism. I was getting more at what you just said in terms of people having to work that much harder to overcome because of their colour and/or circumstances.

Top Bottom