Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When are the charges against Kobe going to be dropped?

Whether he raped her or not (I suspect she said 'no' at some point in the proceedings which is where this is coming from. Star athletes don't know what that word means), he's a fucking idiot that cheated on his very hot wife and possibly worse. You can say the girl only wants money (I'm not sure about this, her life has been castrated and she is persisting despite it) but I hope this fool has to pay her.

I like the way the media calls her "Kobe's Accuser", rather than "Kobe's alleged victim". She has been considered the bad guy since the start.

strongsmartsexy said:
The issue I have with civil suits is that if the defendant wins, the opposing party doesn't have to make their financial obligations whole. It allows for the insanity of lawsuits we have now. Well, that and non-random jury selection.

jury in civil trials is soo retarted and last week. Here it was abolished 22 years ago and thank God, we don't have kangoroo courts anymore (at least not as much as it used to).

Ish said:
I like the way the media calls her "Kobe's Accuser", rather than "Kobe's alleged victim". She has been considered the bad guy since the start.

That's what she is. Even if you call her "Kobe's alleged victim" it puts the presupposition of guilt on Kobe. The word alleged does little to displace the connotation. He is innocent until proven guilty, so right now all she is is an accuser, but that's not how many see it. And that's the major problem with this trial.

In a fair trial the prosecution would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he's guilty. They can't do that. They don't have any such evidence. Kobe's fighting an uphill battle to prove himself innocent, which is not the way the system is supposed to work. Even if he was innocent, he would roast if they didn't admit any other background information on the accuser.

The rape-shield law is definitely an important measure to have in place, but it should not be exploited so that anyone can make baseless accusations and hide behind the law.

Top Bottom