Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC fans...how would Tyson do?

nimbus said:
if tyson had a few weeks of mma training i think he'd be able to beat maybe half the heavyweights

"a few weeks"??? bro.......seriously? how about a "few years"!! The top guys in the UFC have been fighting in martial arts since they were in junior high, or earlier. They wrestled all through high school, some well into college..........they've just been training to be well rounded fighters they're whole lives. Tyson trained for nothing but boxing........and with big ole boxing gloves. He'd have to relearn his boxing skills to compensate for the smaller gloves......yeah, he has more power with them.....but in MMA you don't block the same way you do in boxing.........cause you have kicks and knees to contend with. In MMA you don't turn your shoulders perpendicular to your opponent either......that's a pure boxing technique, again....cause in boxing you see no high kicks. Now that's just his stand up.........think about how long it would take him to learn the ground game? Heck, Crocop has been trying to learn the ground game for years now......

PICK3 said:
street fighting experience doesn't translate well to competing against world class MMA atheletes, ask Tank Abbott.

Anyone in MMA would be a fool to stand up in front of Tyson. Like I said in a previous post for Tyson, or any striker to KO you he has to plant his feet. A skilled MMA practioner would circle Tyson looking to create an angle to shoot for a takedown. Tyson would get aggresive and lunge and the MMA guy would duck under and get a takedown.

When Tyson first got into money troubles the Gracies tried to bait him into a MMA match, but Tyson wasn't having any of it.

you totally contradict yourself...

Are you making a comparision between Tank and Tyson... :lmfao: Seriously... are you serious?

There is no comparision there... none.

and if you actually read and understood my thread I said that a fighter would have to out smart him, read him, or else yes... Tyson would dominate. He (the opponent) would have to have some really good ground skills and really be quick at them. Tyson is quick, strong, and accurate... everyone knows that. You are no genius to point that out... But take someone whom could out smart him and beat him at his own game and I think it would be possible.

No one thought Gracie could be defeated when he was just dominating right... ? Hell, I personally had the privilege of training with Royce Gracie... Amazing teacher... and still his strenght was being humble enough to learn from his own students. There were many of great fighters that most thought could not be defeated. YET... they were... There is always someone that will outsmart you, out strength you, and beat you at your own game. Tyson is not invincible, neither you nor I are... He is just as human as anyone here... he has his weakness and his strength.

Anyway, like I said... a skilled MMA fighter... whom had not only stand up skills but extensive ground skills prolly would dominate Tyson. However he would have to stay away from him and focus on getting Tyson in a postion that he was not comfortable in.

redsamurai said:
"a few weeks"??? bro.......seriously? how about a "few years"!! The top guys in the UFC have been fighting in martial arts since they were in junior high, or earlier. They wrestled all through high school, some well into college..........they've just been training to be well rounded fighters they're whole lives. Tyson trained for nothing but boxing........and with big ole boxing gloves. He'd have to relearn his boxing skills to compensate for the smaller gloves......yeah, he has more power with them.....but in MMA you don't block the same way you do in boxing.........cause you have kicks and knees to contend with. In MMA you don't turn your shoulders perpendicular to your opponent either......that's a pure boxing technique, again....cause in boxing you see no high kicks. Now that's just his stand up.........think about how long it would take him to learn the ground game? Heck, Crocop has been trying to learn the ground game for years now......

lol... I'd love to see some of these fools step in the ring and even go toe to toe with an amature MMA...

And before you all try to diss me... I did study MMA, for quite a few years. I am yet to devote myself back to the sport to get my black belt but it is in due time... I am only a belt away from it... and I must say, I've learned alot.

I'm really tired of explaining the benifit of it... even my beau thinks my training is :rolleyes: ... yet he will not watch my training video's. Thinks the fact that my Sensi allowed me to train against a guy close to two times my weight was insane... also the self defense test where I was subject to being stripped and yelled at etc... all real life things that I had to do over and over to become to immune to... these were insane. Yet... if I were to be attacked on the streets, this is basically what I am going up against. Not to say that it would have me winning, but would for sure have me more prepared.

Reactions: jh1
PICK3 said:
I never contradict myself

I'll put you in a triangle ... and you'll like it.

I doubt you would be prepared for what you ask for... :chomp:

Frisky said:
you totally contradict yourself...

Are you making a comparision between Tank and Tyson... :lmfao: Seriously... are you serious?

There is no comparision there... none.

and if you actually read and understood my thread I said that a fighter would have to out smart him, read him, or else yes... Tyson would dominate. He (the opponent) would have to have some really good ground skills and really be quick at them. Tyson is quick, strong, and accurate... everyone knows that. You are no genius to point that out... But take someone whom could out smart him and beat him at his own game and I think it would be possible.

No one thought Gracie could be defeated when he was just dominating right... ? Hell, I personally had the privilege of training with Royce Gracie... Amazing teacher... and still his strenght was being humble enough to learn from his own students. There were many of great fighters that most thought could not be defeated. YET... they were... There is always someone that will outsmart you, out strength you, and beat you at your own game. Tyson is not invincible, neither you nor I are... He is just as human as anyone here... he has his weakness and his strength.

Anyway, like I said... a skilled MMA fighter... whom had not only stand up skills but extensive ground skills prolly would dominate Tyson. However he would have to stay away from him and focus on getting Tyson in a postion that he was not comfortable in.

Woah.. you met Royce Gracie?

Cool.

He's a legend.

Seriously.

Mucho respect for that guy.. the first 4 UFCs... good stuff. I enjoyed that way more than the stuff today.

The fighters today are different, but there was something about fighting under no rules and no rounds.

I understand the need, but that shit was REAL.. like the way it would go down in the streets. Royce dominated. Still the best, overall, in my mind.

I think I'd give him a run though. :)

jh1 said:
Woah.. you met Royce Gracie?

Cool.

He's a legend.

Seriously.

Mucho respect for that guy.. the first 4 UFCs... good stuff. I enjoyed that way more than the stuff today.

The fighters today are different, but there was something about fighting under no rules and no rounds.

I understand the need, but that shit was REAL.. like the way it would go down in the streets. Royce dominated. Still the best, overall, in my mind.

I think I'd give him a run though. :)

Yes I did... and that was really the higlight of my training. I have tons of video's of different fighters, I've sat down hours and hours watching then hours on the mat going over different takedowns, holds, techniques...

He was over at one of our Dojo's and we were given the opportunity to question him, also get on the mat with him and some of his students. It was really sweet. He had some connection with my Shihan thru training, and that gave our school the opportunity to meet and learn from some of the best.

jh1 said:
Yeah I am serious... Tyson, to my knowledge, is only trained as a boxer.

To many restrictive rules that he has lived by... doubt he would know how to handle a take down at a level that would be competitive.

He'd get his ass fucking handed to him.

The problem is once Cus died and he lost he didn't do much of any kind of training.

redsamurai said:

i didnt say he'd beat the top guys in UFC. i said he could probably beat about half of the heavyweights...these would be the guys who have never won a tournament or championship title, and who people have probably never even heard of.

Reactions: jh1
Top Bottom