Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tyson Won!

biteme said:

He did knock Larry Holme's racist ass out though. In 4 short rounds. The only fighter to do so.

I beat GrandMaster Havlek at chess in 1995. Of course he was 95 at the time and his online rating was down to 1400.

Does that mean I'm GrandMaster class now?

Holmes was a good fighter in his prime... operative word WAS.

The people who bang the drum that Tyson was the greatest fighter or even a great fighter miss the fundamental - HE NEVER WON A FIGHT AGAINST A GREAT FIGHTER IN HIS PRIME... NEVER ONCE... NEVER EVEN CAME CLOSE.

And, please, don't point at Spinks as a "great." That is just plain embarrassing. Spinks's undefeated record is further evidence of how piss poor boxing was during Tyson's career.

The only great fighter in this era has been Holyfield... primarily because he is not a true heavyweight... he's a cruiser who added a couple pounds to take on the big boys - and he did it well. That is the type of accomplishment that makes a boxer great... not having Don King arrange fight after fight with mediocre opponents.

If Tyson was such a great fighter - why did he duck Holyfield his whole career? I remember when he took out Berbick... Holyfiled was in line then. Why did Tyson duck him all those years when he offered the one great opportunity for Tyson to fight a real contender?

It's undecided whether he would have won or lost with he and Holyfield both fighting in their primes... but it is undeniable that Tyson ducked him. It was one of the great embarrassments of the boxing industry... and it revealed the kind of fighter that Tyson really was... and the kind of promoter that Don King really was.

SofaGeorge said:

I beat GrandMaster Havlek at chess in 1995. Of course he was 95 at the time and his online rating was down to 1400.

Does that mean I'm GrandMaster class now?

Holmes was a good fighter in his prime... operative word WAS.

The people who bang the drum that Tyson was the greatest fighter or even a great fighter miss the fundamental - HE NEVER WON A FIGHT AGAINST A GREAT FIGHTER IN HIS PRIME... NEVER ONCE... NEVER EVEN CAME CLOSE.

And, please, don't point at Spinks as a "great." That is just plain embarrassing. Spinks's undefeated record is further evidence of how piss poor boxing was during Tyson's career.

The only great fighter in this era has been Holyfield... primarily because he is not a true heavyweight... he's a cruiser who added a couple pounds to take on the big boys - and he did it well. That is the type of accomplishment that makes a boxer great... not having Don King arrange fight after fight with mediocre opponents.

If Tyson was such a great fighter - why did he duck Holyfield his whole career? I remember when he took out Berbick... Holyfiled was in line then. Why did Tyson duck him all those years when he offered the one great opportunity for Tyson to fight a real contender?

It's undecided whether he would have won or lost with he and Holyfield both fighting in their primes... but it is undeniable that Tyson ducked him. It was one of the great embarrassments of the boxing industry... and it revealed the kind of fighter that Tyson really was... and the kind of promoter that Don King really was.

I was just stating facts. Are you putting words in my mouth? I never said any of the things that you mention here. I, unlike yourself and several others here do not claim to know who is the greatest fighter or how great a fighter is. All of that is speculative and open to debate. :)

SofaGeorge said:

And, please, don't point at Spinks as a "great." Spinks's undefeated record is further evidence

If Tyson was such a great fighter - why did he duck Holyfield his whole career

Spinks had never even been knocked to the canvas before Mike knocked his ass down. You can download the entire fight on Kazaa. That was a championship fight for belts and Mike took him out in 91 seconds.

Tyson didnt really 'duck' Holyfield considering he fought him twice. The first was an 11th round win by Holyfield if I remember correctly. The second fight was a 3rd round DQ that Mike was still very much in when the fight was ended. Evander is a dirty fighter and deserved to be bitten. Fighters will typically go foul-for-foul if a ref isnt calling anything until the ref finally does. Mike picked a particularly bad foul to do (biting). Evander Holyfield is a notorius headbutter and had a personal friend (Mills Lane) refereeing the fight.

Look at Mikes 'whopping' 4 losses:
1. Loss to Buster Douglas in 10th round right after Mike had knocked him down for a 9 count some say was actually more than 9 seconds. Buster Douglas was fighting after a relative had died and dedicated the fight to them.
2. Loss to Holyfield - 10th round
3. Loss to Holyfield - DQ
4. Loss to Lewis - 8th round loss - First round clearly Tysons, next 3 were somewhat even, last 3 were clearly Lewis'

Beefy you must be the only other person who has followed tysons career in this thread besides myself. Look sofa you may not like tyson and say he hasn't beaten anyone in his career but look at it this way. When tyson fought holyfield it was a farce the way they let holyfield grab and hold and hold and hit. He didn't fight tyson he grabbed tyson and ran around like a bitch, that is NOT FIGHTING!!! In the lewis fight tyson looks like they had given him animal tranq's before the fight he looked so serene and complacent that he wasn't even in his right mind to fight him. I have never seen tyson just stand there and not throw punches like he did against lewis. If he comes in prime shape and with a couple halo's in his system he will ko lewis possibly in the first round. I really wish the boxing community would get off lewis's cock as who has lennox lewis really fought in his career that makes him so fucking great?? Lets see here umm he fought a WASHED UP HOLYFIELD twice and I think holyfield got him the second time, he fought a david tua that was afraid to throw punches and had a hurt rib so he just survived. He fought a hrmm lets see ya thats exactly right lennox lewis hasn't fought anyone worth a fuck either.

Everyone keeps acting like lewis is some great champion lewis just had the fortunate run as champion when the division has been soft as of late, he still has been knocked THE FUCK OUT by two people that are not really sought after for having power, and he was ko'ed with 1 punch by both of them. He is ducking wladimer klitchko like there is no tomorrow because wlad will kick the fucking shit out of him and he knows it. Face it tyson of 88 would kill any heavyweight in the history of the sport there is no question. Whoever said rocky would beat him please get real marciano was about 190lbs in his career he wasn't even a full sized heavyweight tyson would have crushed his skull in less than 3 rounds. Thanks.

SupraHero said:
Beefy you must be the only other person who has followed tysons career in this thread besides myself.

Whoever said rocky would beat him please get real marciano was about 190lbs in his career he wasn't even a full sized heavyweight tyson would have crushed his skull in less than 3 rounds. Thanks.

Thanks SH (not a big fan of a lot of foreign cars, but your SN is a good one). Green for you.

While you've got to give Rocky Marciano respect (he was one helluva boxer & competitor), it was a completely different era. He wouldnt stand a chance against a prime Tyson (or maybe even Tyson now).

SupraHero said:
Beefy you must be the only other person who has followed tysons career in this thread besides myself. Look sofa you may not like tyson and say he hasn't beaten anyone in his career but look at it this way. When tyson fought holyfield it was a farce the way they let holyfield grab and hold and hold and hit. He didn't fight tyson he grabbed tyson and ran around like a bitch, that is NOT FIGHTING!!! In the lewis fight tyson looks like they had given him animal tranq's before the fight he looked so serene and complacent that he wasn't even in his right mind to fight him. I have never seen tyson just stand there and not throw punches like he did against lewis. If he comes in prime shape and with a couple halo's in his system he will ko lewis possibly in the first round. I really wish the boxing community would get off lewis's cock as who has lennox lewis really fought in his career that makes him so fucking great?? Lets see here umm he fought a WASHED UP HOLYFIELD twice and I think holyfield got him the second time, he fought a david tua that was afraid to throw punches and had a hurt rib so he just survived. He fought a hrmm lets see ya thats exactly right lennox lewis hasn't fought anyone worth a fuck either.

Everyone keeps acting like lewis is some great champion lewis just had the fortunate run as champion when the division has been soft as of late, he still has been knocked THE FUCK OUT by two people that are not really sought after for having power, and he was ko'ed with 1 punch by both of them. He is ducking wladimer klitchko like there is no tomorrow because wlad will kick the fucking shit out of him and he knows it. Face it tyson of 88 would kill any heavyweight in the history of the sport there is no question. Whoever said rocky would beat him please get real marciano was about 190lbs in his career he wasn't even a full sized heavyweight tyson would have crushed his skull in less than 3 rounds. Thanks.

Word, supra and beefy.

BeefyBull said:

Thanks SH (not a big fan of a lot of foreign cars, but your SN is a good one). Green for you.

While you've got to give Rocky Marciano respect (he was one helluva boxer & competitor), it was a completely different era. He wouldnt stand a chance against a prime Tyson (or maybe even Tyson now).

In my personal opinion you can't compare the two considering marciano was never a actual heavyweight. I give much respect to the older fighters as 15 rounds and no 8 count was brutal, I still think Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest boxer of all time. However when you are talking heavyweights it begins and ends with tyson. Don't get my wrong Ali is a LEGEND and one of the greatest fighters ever. However he WOULD NOT beat mike tyson, I just don't see how people can honestly believe he would. Corn said eariler about how bad frazier was beat up, I cannot dispute that fact but he also beat the piss outta Ali while he was getting beat. Just think of a faster,harder to hit,meaner,5x the power heavyweight and there you have tyson. No question tyson ko's ali within 5.

SupraHero said:
I still think Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest boxer of all time.

This I disagree, however I still think he is one of the greatest. I still think Ray Jones Jr. ,,,by far is the greatest pound for pound boxer to date. He has simply destroyed every opponent in the ring with him. I've seen him fight with both of his hands behind his back the entire fight and destroy the opponent. I forgot who this was however? Does anyone else know?

SeanHolmz said:

This I disagree, however I still think he is one of the greatest. I still think Ray Jones Jr. ,,,by far is the greatest pound for pound boxer to date. He has simply destroyed every opponent in the ring with him. I've seen him fight with both of his hands behind his back the entire fight and destroy the opponent. I forgot who this was however? Does anyone else know?

I'm sorry to break your bubble but roy jones hasn't fought a 1/8th of the competition that Sugar Ray Robinson fought. At one time robinson was over 100 wins and 0 losses. Roy jones is one of the greatest pound for pound probally 2nd behind robinson but i cannot give him the title as the greatest simply because he hasn't fought near the level comp that robinson did. I would have loved to seen jones fight michael moore when moore was a light heavyweight and was 26-0-26ko's don't think jones would have just walked over moore jones probally unless he ran around the ring would have gotten knocked out. People forget before moore was heavyweight champion he was maybe the most dominant light heavyweight ever. I want to see jones and chris byrd fight at cruiserweight.

LOTS OF TYSON HATERZ IN HERE.

I DID HEAR THE ANNOUNCERS SAYING TYSON SAID HE HAD A BROKEN BACK. I DIDNT HEAR TYSON SAY IT HOWEVER.

KAYNE

Top Bottom