Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tyson Won!

SupraHero said:
To say ali would destroy tyson is stupid and just plain un-true. Did you ever watch ali fight fraizer?? Did you see the beatings ali took in those fights??

No...not at all.....he had a swollen jaw form the first fight...other than that - he looked untouched.......the other two rematches werent even close......

Lennox Lewis in his prime could have taken out Tyson then as well.....Tyson has NEVER EVER beaten a boxer......only punchers

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
Yep,his exact words were,"I broke my back".He alluded to a motorcycle accident,but didn't go into details about it.

I just watch a clip of him talking about it and he said that he broke it in a motorcycle accident, but reinjured it doing situps.

He said he does 2500(with 20lbs on him) situps a day.

Anyone see the press conference after the fight? Tyson was talking about how he would have to fight consistently to beat someone like Lewis. He said he has other priorities though such as getting high, playing with his kid, and drinking.

LOL

SofaGeorge said:

In the rare case of Mike Tyson... yes you do. Tyson spent his entire career ducking a fight with Holyfield. When they finally fought - Tyson lost.

Holyfield was the ONLY top fight Tyson ever went up against. He had the luck/disgrace of fighting during an era where tomato cans like Trevor Berbik and Riddick Bowe were considered contenders.

Tyson neer got to test his metal against a George Foreman or Ali. It will never be known if he was a great fighter in his prime because he NEVER faced great competiton and won.

The greats who got to watch Tyson fight - Holmes, Ali, and the rest of that era have universally said they are not impressed with Tyson and do not think he could have entered the ring as worthy competition.

My personal feeling from having watched Tyson fight - he had one of boxing hardest and fastest punches... but he never had the juice beyond two rounds. He lost his edge way too quickly... and he was never a sophisticated boxer. He couldn't get past Lewis's defense... he couldn't get past Holyfield's... and he never made a good showing against either of them.

He did knock Larry Holme's racist ass out though. In 4 short rounds. The only fighter to do so.

Cornholio said:

No...not at all.....he had a swollen jaw form the first fight...other than that - he looked untouched.......the other two rematches werent even close......

Lennox Lewis in his prime could have taken out Tyson then as well.....Tyson has NEVER EVER beaten a boxer......only punchers

Michael Spinks, Razor Ruddock, Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick were all boxers and not "punchers" with Spinks being the most notable.

I read all this garbage and just laugh to myself at all the know-it-alls we have here. Myself, I don't know and don't claim to know what you can only speculate.

Jeremy Carriere said:

Michael Spinks, Razor Ruddock, Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick were all boxers and not "punchers" with Spinks being the most notable.

Spinks was past his prime
Bruno is not a boxer - please - he cant even turn around fast
Ruddock was close to being a boxer - not quite
Tucker and Berbick - cmon....I mean boxer as in Jones Jr. type boxer or Haggler or Ray Leonard for that matter.

Who has beaten Tyson?

Douglas - brawler admittedly BUT tyson was overconfident...he never would have lost that fight otherwise imo

Holyfield - boxer - very underrated as such

Lewis - boxer

He cannot beat a skilled boxer who can jab and counter punch. Earlier in his career he managed much better than now.

Cornholio said:

Spinks was past his prime
Bruno is not a boxer - please - he cant even turn around fast
Ruddock was close to being a boxer - not quite
Tucker and Berbick - cmon....I mean boxer as in Jones Jr. type boxer or Haggler or Ray Leonard for that matter.

Who has beaten Tyson?

Douglas - brawler admittedly BUT tyson was overconfident...he never would have lost that fight otherwise imo

Holyfield - boxer - very underrated as such

Lewis - boxer

He cannot beat a skilled boxer who can jab and counter punch. Earlier in his career he managed much better than now.

You neglected to mention Larry Holmes, one of the greatest boxers of all time. Of course he was past his prime when he fought Tyson but he was in his 30's and had never taken a beating, only 2 controversial losses to Michael Spinks. He boxed fairly well against Tyson, but Tyson got inside with his blinding speed and ferocious punching power. Holmes had one of the if not the greatest jabs of all time.

Yup I was going to edit my post and add Holmes because I forgot about him but he replied to my comment by that time already...

Cornholio: I don't care if they were past their prime or not, I was just trying to say some guys that were more boxer-like compared to punchers.

And it doesn't matter if Spinks or Holmes were in their prime or not... Tyson had their number easily.

Top Bottom