Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tyson Won!

Oh crap! Here we go again... "Mike's back... he'll beat Lewis in a rematch... nobody can touch Tyson if he's focused... blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

You should all go back & read what you Tyson lovers were saying in the months leading up to the Lewis fight. LMFAO!

Hmmmm, The White Buffalo & The Black Rhino? Somebody should call PETA and tell them Mike is being cruel to animals. :D

Boxing is one of, if not my favorite sports. I've watched Tyson and alot of others come up through the ranks....What made Tyson so great??

Quite simple, Tyson came along at a time when boxing was polished, 12 rounds, the first 5 of which was a jousting match for each opponet to feel each other out, define their respective weakness, and capatilize on them. Tyson threw a kink in that fight plan, he was the first to fight like a madman, to try and not only knock the other guy out quickly, but hurt him in the process....His build, and crouching fighting style was very hard to defend at the time.....heavy hitting uppercuts, monsterous hooks and body shots became a Tyson trademark, and the ring became littered with those who doubted his style....very quickly.

Tyson's problem was personal, and the fact he never evolved as a fighter, that was his undoing in the Douglas, and Holyfield fight....Lewis, Tyson never showed up mentally for that fight, yet a loss is a loss, and a win is a win....his record is impressive....though not as much as others...Chavez case in point.

When Tyson is surrounded by good people, he is almost unstoppable....this hasn't happened in 10 years or so....we'll have to wait and see how things progress.

Roy going to heavies....doing it for the money and sport. I think it's a mistake, but who else can he fight?? I think right now, pound for pound, he is on top of the boxing game.

Ranger

The Ranger said:
Boxing is one of, if not my favorite sports. I've watched Tyson and alot of others come up through the ranks....What made Tyson so great??

Quite simple, Tyson came along at a time when boxing was polished, 12 rounds, the first 5 of which was a jousting match for each opponet to feel each other out, define their respective weakness, and capatilize on them. Tyson threw a kink in that fight plan, he was the first to fight like a madman, to try and not only knock the other guy out quickly, but hurt him in the process....His build, and crouching fighting style was very hard to defend at the time.....heavy hitting uppercuts, monsterous hooks and body shots became a Tyson trademark, and the ring became littered with those who doubted his style....very quickly.

Tyson's problem was personal, and the fact he never evolved as a fighter, that was his undoing in the Douglas, and Holyfield fight....Lewis, Tyson never showed up mentally for that fight, yet a loss is a loss, and a win is a win....his record is impressive....though not as much as others...Chavez case in point.

When Tyson is surrounded by good people, he is almost unstoppable....this hasn't happened in 10 years or so....we'll have to wait and see how things progress.

Roy going to heavies....doing it for the money and sport. I think it's a mistake, but who else can he fight?? I think right now, pound for pound, he is on top of the boxing game.

Ranger

Big bad George Foreman use to dispose of fighters very quickly also. He has the highest knockout ratio of all time. Or at least he did well into his comeback career.

Tyson ducking Holyfield???

Have you ever heard of jail??

Speaking of Heavyweights ducking opponents...When is Lewis going to fight those 2 fucking russian white boys????

Lewis beat a washed up Tyson and Holyfield in his career...thats it..
I guess Holmes is better than Ali because Holmes beat Ali when he was over the hill...

biteme said:

Big bad George Foreman use to dispose of fighters very quickly also. He has the highest knockout ratio of all time. Or at least he did well into his comeback career.

Very true, and used to go through a heavy bag every two days or so...YET, Ali did to Foreman, what Holyfield did to Tyson....And in essence ruined George for many years to come....Deja vu with Tyson perhaps???

Ranger

SupraHero said:
Everyone keeps acting like lewis is some great champion lewis just had the fortunate run as champion when the division has been soft

Did I make it sound like I thought lewis was a great champion? If I did... let me correct that. My oppinion of Lewis is essentially the same as that of Tyson... that they both rose to the top of the pack during a time period when boxing didn't have any great fighters for them to contend with. I wouldn't give Lewis any better odds against Foreman, Frazier, or Ali than I would give Tyson. I think they would both lose.

The only reason I laud Holyfield is that I think it is remarkable that a cruiser was able to hold his own and take the heavyweight title... even if he didn't take it from somebody like Foreman.

And anyone who thinks Tyson didn't duck Holyfield needs to do a little research... or talk to pretty much anyone who knows the boxing industry. The running joke for years was that Tyson planned to beat Holyfield by waiting till old age caught up with him... and that is almost what happened.

SofaGeorge said:

In the rare case of Mike Tyson... yes you do. Tyson spent his entire career ducking a fight with Holyfield. When they finally fought - Tyson lost.

Holyfield was the ONLY top fight Tyson ever went up against. He had the luck/disgrace of fighting during an era where tomato cans like Trevor Berbik and Riddick Bowe were considered contenders.

Tyson neer got to test his metal against a George Foreman or Ali. It will never be known if he was a great fighter in his prime because he NEVER faced great competiton and won.

The greats who got to watch Tyson fight - Holmes, Ali, and the rest of that era have universally said they are not impressed with Tyson and do not think he could have entered the ring as worthy competition.

My personal feeling from having watched Tyson fight - he had one of boxing hardest and fastest punches... but he never had the juice beyond two rounds. He lost his edge way too quickly... and he was never a sophisticated boxer. He couldn't get past Lewis's defense... he couldn't get past Holyfield's... and he never made a good showing against either of them.

Right On!...

I will challenge anyone to tell me which ne of those 50 wins was a real quality opponent...

Don't get me wrong, I think Tyson did remarkable things, but unfortunately against inferior foes....

BeefyBull said:
Quit hatin.

Mike has always been a machine. He's now 38-0 in non-title fights and 50-4 overall. You dont have a record like that for nothing.

If he comes into the Lewis rematch with a clean head, having trained properly, I still believe he could "smear the ring with Lewis' pompous brains".

Etienne wasnt exactly a "tomato can with a glass jaw" either. He was 24-1 coming into the fight.

Grow up!

Tyson will get his ass dusted off once and for ever when he faces MR.Lenox Lewis....

Etienne was happy to get one milion dollars! As far as Etienne's record concern, just empty numbers as his oponents were former chess players or bridge players..

Cant wait to see Tyson demolished ...

Last edited:
biteme said:

You neglected to mention Larry Holmes, one of the greatest boxers of all time. Of course he was past his prime when he fought Tyson but he was in his 30's and had never taken a beating, only 2 controversial losses to Michael Spinks. He boxed fairly well against Tyson, but Tyson got inside with his blinding speed and ferocious punching power. Holmes had one of the if not the greatest jabs of all time.

Holmes was WAY past his prime..I also stated that Tysobn, earlier in hios career fared better against boxers than now.

lol

This isnt about Tyson hating.....but for you guys who think he can still beat a quality opponent - It aint gonna happen.

I predicted the lewis tyson outcome and only missed the time by less than 2 minutes.....if they fight again - tyson will go out even quicker.

Oh yeah - Jones Jr. will get his ass handed to him by Ruiz.

Top Bottom