Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tyson Won!

BeefyBull said:
He's now 38-0 in non-title fights and 50-4 overall. You dont have a record like that for nothing.

In the rare case of Mike Tyson... yes you do. Tyson spent his entire career ducking a fight with Holyfield. When they finally fought - Tyson lost.

Holyfield was the ONLY top fight Tyson ever went up against. He had the luck/disgrace of fighting during an era where tomato cans like Trevor Berbik and Riddick Bowe were considered contenders.

Tyson neer got to test his metal against a George Foreman or Ali. It will never be known if he was a great fighter in his prime because he NEVER faced great competiton and won.

The greats who got to watch Tyson fight - Holmes, Ali, and the rest of that era have universally said they are not impressed with Tyson and do not think he could have entered the ring as worthy competition.

My personal feeling from having watched Tyson fight - he had one of boxing hardest and fastest punches... but he never had the juice beyond two rounds. He lost his edge way too quickly... and he was never a sophisticated boxer. He couldn't get past Lewis's defense... he couldn't get past Holyfield's... and he never made a good showing against either of them.

That looked much more like the Tyson that trained under Kevin Rooney. Good head movement.

He took a few little shots and looked solid. Nice right to the jaw to end that one.

He got a long way to go if he's gonna dance with Lewis again, even he admits that.

"but he never had the juice beyond two rounds"

Have you ever even seen Tyson fight before?? Tyson in his prime and when he had a clear head was a great fighter.

PsychoSkitz said:
Tyson also said "he had a broken back" and that's why the fight almost didn't go on.

He then said Etienne told him he needed money so Tyson said that's why he fought. The fact that Tyson said that and that Etienne went down off 1 punch should raise some question regarding this bout.

Bullshit. Show me one credible news source that quotes Mike saying he "had a broken back" or talks about Etienne telling Tyson he needed money. Your conspiracy theory about Etienne taking a dive is pretty funny too.

And Sofa, Tyson in his prime vs. Ali in his prime = Tyson scoring a knockout in 1-5 rounds.

Tyson was a "good" heavy weight boxer, nothing more. He just happened to come along when the heavy weight division was very down. As for this fight, the only reason that it took place was because of Mike's need for cash. If he didn't fight tonight then his fight against Lewis was in danger of being canceled. So he stepped into the ring against a man who has been knocked down numerous times in his last two fights and he beat him. It was a sure win, that his promoters are hoping will increase the pay per view on the Lewis fight.

TC2 said:
"but he never had the juice beyond two rounds"

Have you ever even seen Tyson fight before?? Tyson in his prime and when he had a clear head was a great fighter.

Based on what? Who is the great fighter he fought against? Came you name one? I can't.

To be a great... you have to beat a great. To be a legend... you have to beat ALL of the greats. Ali did that. Tyson never did.

Alot of you fucks sound like the media. Quick to criticize if Mike does something bad or loses and quick to hate and not give due credit when he wins or does something positive.

You dont box in the heavyweight division for 17 years without skill. Tons of fighters have came and gone while Mike is a Top 10 contender for almost all the heavyweight belts.

http://www.fightnews.com/rankings2.htm

capt.1045787226tyson_etienne_tun111.jpg

capt.1045785632tyson_etienne_tun110.jpg

Are you guys fucking kidding me?

He clearly said "I broke my back" -- Gray said "huh? like a vertabrae?" and Tyson said "No, spinal, in a motorcycle accident."

He talked for 50 seconds about Etienne saying he needed money, how he needed money and how he did it for his friend.

What fucking channel did you change it to after Etienne was counted out?

Top Bottom