Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

********official Rugby World Cup Thread************

ireland won? ace. i wish i had fox so i got all the games.

umaga and rokoko are such important players for NZ to, but that fella who came on for umaga is, or at least will soon be just as good i think. plus carter had a fuckin blinder.

now i gotta go work out what matches i get to watch on free to air tonight

Wales had a good win and a good performance against Canada this morning. Japan are giving Scotland a great game, it is 15-11 to Scotland with 20 minutes to go.

tuc biscuit said:
The France-Fiji match was a great one to watch, those Fijians know how to hit and when a fight broke out they left several French scattered on the floor.

damn straight...fijians are big bastards...I played against them in a 7's tournament in copenhagen in the summertime. Most of them were around 95 -100kgs.

Doesn't sound like much, but this was a 7's tournament. they were amazing. arrived in a big tribe, set up tents, had women singing with gitars and kids on the sidelines, and after the game they invited us back to their tents and we all got smashed on kava after the match with a great big feed.

that said, top 3 will be australia, nz and uk

i love rugby.

PCxPete said:
ireland won? ace. i wish i had fox so i got all the games.

umaga and rokoko are such important players for NZ to, but that fella who came on for umaga is, or at least will soon be just as good i think. plus carter had a fuckin blinder.

now i gotta go work out what matches i get to watch on free to air tonight
Yo Pete , I see Australia have lost a man in David Giffin , I agree with u about Umaga , but I think he is irreplacable as he is an inspiration to the rest of the team and lifts their game. England are currently wiping the floor with Georgia and more importantly hjave suffered no injuries.

tuc biscuit said:
England laid a good beating on Georgia, 84-6.
I have England just behind NZ right now on form for the cup with very little between them , why the fuck doesnt Greenwood and Cohen play like that in every match tho?????

Mandinka2 said:

I have England just behind NZ right now on form for the cup with very little between them , why the fuck doesnt Greenwood and Cohen play like that in every match tho?????

Yup, I agree, the performance was good, but not world beating it was a bit scrappy for my tastes. One of the problems we have is that when we start doing well everyone out there wants to score tries and we throw it around uneccasarily and not enough of the forwards hit the rucks and malls. Robinson didn't set the world on fire, but I suppose if he gets marked tightly it will leave space for everyone else, Tindall was impressive, but the forwards weren't as dominant as they need to be if they want to dominate the better teams.

A few things I've noticed are that offence seems to be dominating this time unlike last time where teams were focussed on defence. Also the lesser teams are putting on some good displays, Japan nearly beat Scotland today, and all the smaller teams (Fiji, Japan, Romania etc.) are increadibly physical and are on a par with the best when it comes to putting hte hits in.

tuc biscuit said:

Yup, I agree, the performance was good, but not world beating it was a bit scrappy for my tastes. One of the problems we have is that when we start doing well everyone out there wants to score tries and we throw it around uneccasarily and not enough of the forwards hit the rucks and malls. Robinson didn't set the world on fire, but I suppose if he gets marked tightly it will leave space for everyone else, Tindall was impressive, but the forwards weren't as dominant as they need to be if they want to dominate the better teams.

A few things I've noticed are that offence seems to be dominating this time unlike last time where teams were focussed on defence. Also the lesser teams are putting on some good displays, Japan nearly beat Scotland today, and all the smaller teams (Fiji, Japan, Romania etc.) are increadibly physical and are on a par with the best when it comes to putting hte hits in.

Matt Dawson and Kyron Bracken injured! Holyt fuck will Wilkinson be under the cosh against SA now ! You would naturally throw in Austin Healey in there to prevent Wilkinson being exposed unless absolutely neccessary but he's in trouble too with a calf strain (actually I think the guy is the most injury prone player in rugby history outside of Simon Geoghan). This is mad stuff altoghter! I told ya boys , the (big) side that comes through the groups with the leadt injuries will be in a very very strong position , only France are really in the dirving seat from that perspective but I still can't take them too seriously (yet).

tuc biscuit said:

Tuc and Dutchie , a quick question for you both , what is your opinion of guys like Dallaglio who were caught using roids? You may remember that he lost the England captaincy for a while and was out of the shirt for a while , he's a tremendous player no question though. I do not rate Jason Robinson that highly , he can be great and dynamic in a set piece but he is not aconsistent performer like many of the others , a bit too much of the Beckhams (how the fuck is that guy captain material?)about him for my liking.

Top Bottom