Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modern Drummer's HALL of FAME!

oh perkele I almost forgot,about two years ago "modern drummer" had a full page article on paul mazurkiewicz a.k.a. the drummer from Cannibal Corpse.They were talking about his talents,and also about his sponsors i.e....tama drums,axis pedals,and quantum sticks.If your favorite drummers mag can recognize a deathmetal drummer,why can't you??:confused:

sermon_of_mockery said:
oh perkele I almost forgot,about two years ago "modern drummer" had a full page article on paul mazurkiewicz a.k.a. the drummer from Cannibal Corpse.They were talking about his talents,and also about his sponsors i.e....tama drums,axis pedals,and quantum sticks.If your favorite drummers mag can recognize a deathmetal drummer,why can't you??:confused:

They've also had articles on Tommy Lee, Matt Sorum and the guy from Blink182, so that doesn't prove anything. They're not bad drummers but far from being concidered a top drummers in the world. I never said that deathmetal drummers are not good. They're not just good enough to be compared to guys like Vinnie Colauita, Steve Gadd, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams etc. Best of them are surely better than Ringo Starr, John Bonham and Keith Moon and also most of those hardrock drummers from bands like Bon Jovi, Scorpions, AC/DC, Metallica, Creed, Nickelback, Aerosmith etc.

I'm just wondering how you know guys like Chambers and Weckl but not guys like Colauita, Gadd, Cobham, Porcaro, Williams, Jones, Bozzio...... I don't mean that you haven't heard their names before.

Modern Drummer mags readers TOP25 Drummers of ALL TIME!

1.Buddy Rich
2.Gene Krupa
3.Steve Gadd
4.Tony Williams
5.Neil Peart
6.Vinnie Colauita
7.Louie Bellson
8.Max Roach
9.John Bonham
10.Elvin Jones
11.Papa Jo Jones
12.Billy Cobham
13.Ringo Starr
14.Jack DeJohnette
15.Dennis Chambers
16.Roy Haynes
17.Terry Bozzio
18.Philly Joe Jones
19.Keith Moon
20.Steve Smith
21.Joe Morello
22.Jeff Porcaro
23.Dave Weckl
24.Shelly Manne
25.Simon Phillips

About 20 drummer are jazz/fusion drummers. Ringo is there because of The Beatles, Bonzo because of Zeppelin and Keith Moon because of The Who. Some of the most legendary bands in the world.

Why doesn't deathmetal fans vote? I'm assuming they do read the mag.

So now your contadicting yourself.You live by the idea that if a drummer does not exist in the eyes of "modern drummer",then they obvioussly suck.On the other hand you state that they had reviews of "tommy lee,matt sorum,and blink 182", drummers that you obviouslly don't feel live up to the name modern drummer.I can hardlly grasp your ideas,and by the looks of it, you can't either.And about weckle,and chambers,they are but a few that I recognize as talented,not to mention virgil donati who will crush everyone on your list.The others just are not my cup of tea.

sermon_of_mockery said:
So now your contadicting yourself.You live by the idea that if a drummer does not exist in the eyes of "modern drummer",then they obvioussly suck.On the other hand you state that they had reviews of "tommy lee,matt sorum,and blink 182", drummers that you obviouslly don't feel live up to the name modern drummer.I can hardlly grasp your ideas,and by the looks of it, you can't either.And about weckle,and chambers,they are but a few that I recognize as talented,not to mention virgil donati who will crush everyone on your list.The others just are not my cup of tea.

Don't assume anything. OK?

Do you really think that all those who voted are less intelligent than you and that they don't know as much about drumming than you?

Before naming you the biggest idiot who ever lived can you tell what you know about drummers like Gadd, Colauita and Williams? Let's start with these three drummers.

You're the drummer so start telling.

I guess your age explains a lot "sermon of mockery" about you and sadly about your taste of music. Btw, which one are you, Beavis or the Butt-head? :)

perkele said:

Don't assume anything. OK?

Do you really think that all those who voted are less intelligent than you and that they don't know as much about drumming than you?

Before naming you the biggest idiot who ever lived can you tell what you know about drummers like Gadd, Colauita and Williams? Let's start with these three drummers.

You're the drummer so start telling.

I'm assuming that you can't backpedal fast enough to take back the fact that you are a mentally deprived,contradicting fool.It's ok with me if you can't see the fact that your diatribe continueslly reeks of closed -mindedness.

who said anything about voting you goon.I was really looking forward to your explanation on the reason drummers that don't reach your expectations were reviewed in modern drummer.Maybe you'll get back to me on this one?

First of all,do you think that every person that listens to another style of music besides jazz is an "idiot",I sure as fuck hope not.And why the fuck would I care about drummers that don't present any challenge to pursue?I don't care for those drummers,and therefore I don't know much more than the fact that they are'nt that good.That's all I need to know when it come to them.

Ok now I'm going to predict what you'll say next.

"If your such a great drummer,then why don't you know about those jazz drummers?'

Answer is,they are unable to keep my attention with that boring, old-school music,that has zero appeal what-so -ever.So now that I've answered your questions,why don't you answer mine.
Why would modern drummer review drummers that you feel don't deserve it?Possible due to the fact that you are so closed off from the real music world.

Also if you are such the drumming expert,would you so kindlly tell me about Sean rhienert,alex marquez,or dave culross?

let's just start with these three drummers shall we?

crimson coal said:
I kinda Liked Bam Bam from the Flinstones...He had an aggressive style.

"this is perkele not sermon,dude if bam bam were any good at all,he would be in modern drummer",but he's not therefore he sucks!!:p

sermon_of_mockery said:

Listen to me Beavis. I can't help you if you're so fucking stupid to understand these things. Maybe you're just too young to understand and maybe you just mature slower than other people at your age. Btw, did you're school go well?

"who said anything about voting you goon."

Who said anything about voting? Me of course you fucking idiot! Can't you read? The point I made, and what you still haven't understand, is that those who did vote do know more about drumming and about drummers than me and you. That's the kind of magazine that you don't read unless you're a drummer or interested of drumming and music. So those people did vote those guys there and I don't think that they would have vote bad drummers if there would have been better guys to choose from. OK? If deathmetal drummer would be so good that he should be in MD's TOP25 then he would have been voted there. PERIOD! If you're good if enough then people will know about you and definitely give their vote to you. No matter how undergroud music you play. The word will spread, you know. Btw, Jazz is more underground than metal music these days.

"I was really looking forward to your explanation on the reason drummers that don't reach your expectations were reviewed in modern drummer.Maybe you'll get back to me on this one?"

What? I don't understand you? Help me out? Do you wanna know why MD writes about drummers like Tommy Lee? Can't they write about him, and why? What's your point? This is so out of topic. More about this later......

"First of all,do you think that every person that listens to another style of music besides jazz is an "idiot",I sure as fuck hope not."

Definitely not! Only few deathmetal and punk fans here and there. One is you.

"And why the fuck would I care about drummers that don't present any challenge to pursue?"

That's just the biggest crap talk in history my dear idiot friend and deep down in your heart you know it too. Can't add more to that. LOL!

"I don't care for those drummers,and therefore I don't know much more than the fact that they are'nt that good.That's all I need to know when it come to them."

You don't care or you don't know? You don't know. I UNDERSTAND if you're not into jazz and that way also not into jazz players. That I do understand. I also understand that you don't know anything about music, playing, music theory, notes, etc. And that explains a lot.

"If your such a great drummer,then why don't you know about those jazz drummers?'

Answer is,they are unable to keep my attention with that boring, old-school music,that has zero appeal what-so -ever.So now that I've answered your questions,why don't you answer mine."

So you don't think that album full of fast double bass drumming ain't boring? The fact is that jazz is too difficult music for you to understand (and that's why "boring"), but don't worry friend cause you're not the only one. There are many others. Neil Peart isn't that into jazz but the technical virtuosity they have is something that he admires a lot. The thing that proves you're stupid (as far music is concerned) is the fact you keep on pushing that old-school and oldies stuff when you talk about jazz. So doesn't it mean that in 2022 you're not interested of metal anymore cause it's the old-school music?
The most difficult jazz ain't that much older than metal music my friend. Heavy metal pioneer Black Sabbath started in 1977 and Miles Davis's landmark "Bitches Brew" album came later and Jazz fusion was born.

"Why would modern drummer review drummers that you feel don't deserve it?"

You just can't read or actually understand what you read. I've never said that those guys (Tommy Lee, Matt Sorum etc.) don't deserve to be in the pages of MD mag. Where did you get that idea? They're just not good enough to be voted for example in TOP25 all time drummers list. OK? I hope you did understand now.

"Possible due to the fact that you are so closed off from the real music world."

If you think that deathmetal is a part or the only part of the real music world then you can live freely in your bubble. End of story. Also if you think that I only listen just jazz then you've again mistakes badly. The music styles I don't listen are trash/death/speed/etc. metal, punk, tekno/dance and that's about it. Everything else goes, from hardrock to reggea and from tango to Polish folk music. How about you? Btw, the most "heaviest" songs I like are Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and Toto's "Kingdom Of Desire".

"Also if you are such the drumming expert,would you so kindlly tell me about Sean rhienert,alex marquez,or dave culross?"

If the most famous and the respected drummers like Colauita, Gadd and Williams doesn't say anything to you then how the hell should guys like Sean "Who?" Rhienert, Alex "Another who?" Marquez and Dave "They don't know me either" Culross say anything to me? I can name few Scandinavian deathmetal drummers to you: Harri Karmala, Stefan Andersson and Seppo "Hepo" Ikola. They are better drummers than those deathmetal drummers you named (or that's what the stupid deathmetal fans here say). Why haven't you heard about those guys? Btw, who set the standards on double bass drumming? Answer: Jazz legend Louis Bellson. He was the first drummer to succesfully utilize double bass drums. Toto's Simon Phillips is concidered to be the master of double bass drumming. He don't play that simple 8th. or 16th. note shit that deathmetal drummers do play. Simon has played triplets with his right feet and 8ths. with his left feet AT THE SAME TIME in fast tempo and that's beyond anything that's ever been played with double bass drums. Vinnie Colauita is the king of odd meters. He's able to strecth and go beyond the typical rhythmic stuff that most great drummers play. Steve Gadd has recorded some of the most important and innovative tracks of all time, with an astonishingly wide range of artists. No one has and no one can play as many styles as he cans. There's few reasons why those guys are there and not those that you mentioned.

Top Bottom