Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modern Drummer's HALL of FAME!

I would think they would fill an HOF based on talent, not record
sales. Lars is a decent drummer, but in his genre, does not stickout. He is popular because Metallica is/was popular.
Hell, Witchunter from Sodom is a much better drummer than Lars,
and nobody's ever heard of him.

How about abadon from VENOM!!!!

or Rat skates from OVERKILL~~~~~~~~~~

FEEL THE FIRE

I really liked Venom, as much as some of it was garbage, they
just seemed to have a way of pulling it off. I thought Mantas was
a very good guitar player & Cronos was a good, though sloppy
bass player (due to singing somewhat). I've never really sat down
and just listened to what Abaddon was doing. I still have Welcome To Hell, Black Metal, At War With Satan & Possessed, I'll have to throw them in and give them a listen. Favorite Venom
song though "Countess Bathory".

Rat Skates, didn't he only do 1 or 2 albums with them? I saw them
in '88 opening for Slayer/Motorhead, they raged pretty good, but
only a 15 minute set.

I always thought the dude from BoltThrower I think his name was
Andy Whale was pretty unique with what he was trying to do in a Death Metal band.

Charvelle said:
I would think they would fill an HOF based on talent, not record
sales. Lars is a decent drummer, but in his genre, does not stickout. He is popular because Metallica is/was popular.
Hell, Witchunter from Sodom is a much better drummer than Lars,
and nobody's ever heard of him.

If it was only about the talent then there would never be any metal or rock drummers! PERIOD! Only Neil Peart and Bill Bruford from heavier side of drumming.

When it comes to talent then jazz drummers are the ones who really do have it

One other hard rock drummer that is really up there and plays technically is Scott Rockenfield from queensryche. He has been doing alot of soundtrack music lately. I always thought him to play in the vain of a heavy Neil Peart. Of course I still put Neil (The Doctor) above him but Scott deserves some mention.

If you guys have ever heard any quality death metal,you would know that those guys on the list are'nt all that,and I speak as a drummer of 13 years.Except for dennis chambers,and dave weckl,they all get crushed by deathmetal drummers,which sucks becaue thay hardly get any recognition for their talents.

Ringo Starr over John Densmore of The Doors. Give me a fuckin' break. Densmore added so much character and power to all the Doors songs. Listen to "The End" and tell me he should'nt be on that list. Densmore is one of the top 10 drummers EVER!

sermon_of_mockery said:
If you guys have ever heard any quality death metal,you would know that those guys on the list are'nt all that,and I speak as a drummer of 13 years.Except for dennis chambers,and dave weckl,they all get crushed by deathmetal drummers,which sucks becaue thay hardly get any recognition for their talents.

13 years of drumming and still so fucking stupid........... I guess your deathmetal band doesn't get the recognition it deserves?

:D :D

perkele said:

13 years of drumming and still so fucking stupid........... I guess your deathmetal band doesn't get the recognition it deserves?

:D :D
[/QUOT
are you a musician?Do you know what it takes to be a drummer in the slightest?NO,obviouslly not.If you had any skill,talent,or even just the ability to recognize talent,you would at least be able to give props to those drummers who dedicate their lives to perfecting the skill.I've had 13 years, count them 13 years of training on every type of percussion instument you could,excuse me could'nt name.I think with this amount of time,I would be able to spot talent when I see it.Just out of curiosity,what bands do you consider deathmetal?

Top Bottom