Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Longhorns

These two teams AR and TX have a history, and it is a classic rivalry...BUT it would be a huge upset if the hogs oink one out against TX in Austin with a 20+ home winning streak on the line.

Not only that, but if the Horns get upset by AR this weekend I will be calling for Greg Davis' head on Monday. (OC for TX)

Horns by 20+ and I expect to see the 2nd and third string by end of the third quarter...just to get some reps in . :-)

sh4dowf4lcon said:
These two teams AR and TX have a history, and it is a classic rivalry...BUT it would be a huge upset if the hogs oink one out against TX in Austin with a 20+ home winning streak on the line.

Not only that, but if the Horns get upset by AR this weekend I will be calling for Greg Davis' head on Monday. (OC for TX)

Horns by 20+ and I expect to see the 2nd and third string by end of the third quarter...just to get some reps in . :-)

It truly amazes me that you guys are so loyal to Mack Brown. I'm not saying Greg Davis is a good coordinator, but some blame clearly lies with Brown. Isn't Mack the one who decided to start Chrissy Simms over Major Applewhite? How in the hell do you rationalize benching the Big12 player of the year? Chrissy was an OK QB and I think he has some talent, but that kid's record against Top 10 teams was an absolute embarrassment.

The reason you note the loyalty to Brown is where the program is since he took over. Title? not yet, but in the top5 and in the hunt every year. Now if we spent an hour or two breaking down game tape from the last couple TX OU games (which I actually have done a few times), you can clearly give credit to OU Defense...but there is also some poor calls with certain down and distances, there are pitch plays out wide on 3rd and 4...(maybe the worst play to run at OU is a wide toss).

There are countless poor calls on 2nd and 10 which left Chris with 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 15 after simms is sacked because the play called left no blind side protection against a blitzing defense. Now clearly Simms did not win as many BIG games as we all would have liked.
If you speak to offensive lineman and Simms you will hear there was alot of questions about what calls were being sent in on 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 5.

Anyway, Simms is in the NFL now, we have new offensive lineman coaches, a different "approach" to gameplanning by Greg Davis, and overall a better team than last year. Roy williams and C Benson (the real C-Ditty) are one year older, stronger, faster and we have two excellent QB's with exceptional mobility...as you will see in the next 4-5 weeks.

We all want the Sears Trophy, so being number 8 in the country is not our goal. However, if we are in the top 5 every year...we should be in position to get a title if we can beat OU and win the BIG12 FIRST.

Loyalty to brown, loyalty to the Horns; and if Greg Davis chokes on another lame gameplan expect Brown to release him due to pressure from the Alum.

As for why Start Simms over Applewhite? Polotics probably, I would guess Brown promised this top recruit plenty of playing time to come to Texas. Really and truly, any solid football guru can see the Applwhite is solid but he is not better than Simms.

A few things on Simms you might not know:
As starting QB he was(26-6/.813) and recorded a perfect 15-0 mark at home
» UT career record holder for completion percentage (58.7) and pass efficiency rating (138.4)
» Longhorns single-season record holder for TD passes (26, 2002) and TDs accounted for (30, 2002)
» First Longhorns starting QB since Bobby Layne (1944-47) to post three consecutive victories against Texas A&M
» Recorded the top two TD passes seasons and two of the top three passing yards campaigns in UT history
» Only QB in school annals to lead his teams to consecutive 10 (or more) win seasons
» Also ranks second on career TD passes chart (56) and fourth in completions (535), passing yards (7,097) and total offense (6,960)
» 2002 UT Most Valuable Player
» Two-time Davey O’Brien Award semifinalist (2001, '02)
» Two-time third-team All-Big 12 selection (2001, '02)
» Became just the fourth quarterback in UT history to be selected in the NFL Draft and the first since Rick McIvor in 1984

I know ou peeps like to pick on Brown and Trash Talk Simms, but as someone who has studied the tape and spoken to both please consider a renewed perspective.

SF

I hear what you're saying and by no means do I think Sims was a bad QB, but there is still something to say for his inability to step up in the big games. He has great stats for his career, but his stats were padded when you guys played teams like Baylor and Kansas or anyone on your non-conference schedule for that matter. You guys would have won those games with anyone as QB. It was the big games that Sims failed you. Did he ever even throw a TD against a top 10 team? I know he didn't against us in 3 years and I know he had more interceptions than TDs in games against Top 10 opponents. You can't blame your coach for all of those INTs. I disagree about the Applewhite/Sims situation. Sims was definitely more talented, but that does not make him a better QB. Applewhite had the respect of the team and was a great leader who made few mistakes. You guys didn't need a big playmaker...just someone who wouldn't hand the ball over to the other team. Like Nate Hybl for instance. Josh Heupel will never play a down in the NFL, but he was a much better college QB than Sims ever was. Heupel stepped up in big games and led us to a 63-14 win over the Horns and to a National Championship. Talent can never make up for heart and Major Applewhite even won the respect of OU fans with his heart.

Well shorthorn, I guess you're going to blame Greg Davis for the Razorbacks scoring 38 points on you guys. Give it up...Texas is the most over-hyped team in the country again. Looks like the BCS title is going to escape Mack Brown for another year. I guess as long as you guys win 9-10 games every year and go to the Cotton Bowl you'll keep him around. I hope so...best thing that ever happened to OU. I'll say it again...

Great athletes + shitty coach = another trip to a mediocre bowl

Players make the plays, but coaches like Stoops get his players ready for the big games.

Pig SUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in Oct.

Texas is still a force and will threaten Oklahoma.

Oklahoma's Offense is looking better each game.

You know you have a great team, when you can put in the second team at half time.

OKIE said:
Well shorthorn, I guess you're going to blame Greg Davis for the Razorbacks scoring 38 points on you guys. Give it up...Texas is the most over-hyped team in the country again. Looks like the BCS title is going to escape Mack Brown for another year. I guess as long as you guys win 9-10 games every year and go to the Cotton Bowl you'll keep him around. I hope so...best thing that ever happened to OU. I'll say it again...

Great athletes + shitty coach = another trip to a mediocre bowl

Players make the plays, but coaches like Stoops get his players ready for the big games.

Pig SUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in Oct.

Well, I am utterly disappointed in our whole team. hats off to the Hogs, they looked sharp and they won the game outright.

If I could choose between Mack Brown or Bob Stoops I would take Stoops (who wouldn't). I have to accept the hand I am dealt here, and I have to say it is a sad day in Horn Land.

I pin this game on all of the coaches and all of the players. We had stale game plans on offense, @ least we should have been able to score as many as the hogs.

Our defense was dominated. I think the story line should be "Hogs O-LINE knocks over LongHorns". Their O line was stunning, and we were flat on offense.

We got beat, I give the Hogs credit they played well.

See you in October.

SF

I think Arkansas is going to be a lot better than most people thought at the first of the season. Matt Jones is a great athlete and their offensive line is solid as well. The Horns will bounce back from this and still have a good season, but I think hopes of a NC have diminished greatly. Although I believe in my heart that OU is a better team than the Horns, that game still makes me nervous as hell!!!

That arkansas QB is one ass kicking QB, and that OLINE flat out dominated the Horns Dline and LB's.

I dont think they will do all that great this year, I think this game against TX meant alot more to the Hogs than it did to the Horns.

Like OU, every body gets up for TX we got their best shot and their best performance, and it was enough to upset the horns Saturday.

Top Bottom