Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national champions

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

FreakMonster said:
Slowly Put The Crack Pipe Down!!
haha not shocking a Florida fan disagrees

just cause you are undefeated doesn't make you the best team in the country. they need a legit playoff system. i think it would add tremendous excitement to the game. all these retarded bowl games are down right Wodin; really freaking old and outdated.

fistfullofsteel said:
just cause you are undefeated doesn't make you the best team in the country. they need a legit playoff system. i think it would add tremendous excitement to the game. all these retarded bowl games are down right Wodin; really freaking old and outdated.

without a playoff everything is just opinion and basically useless.

mountain muscle said:
I just think it is incredulous that a team with one loss could be crowned National Champs when there is an undefeated team in the nation. If it so happens that there are 2 undefeated teams, then there should be a national championship game.

Offer up whatever defense of the current system you want, there needs to be a playoff, with seeds based on records. How many conferences are there now? Take the Champions of the conferences, with some wild cards and base a playoff on those teams. Until then ANY National Championship claim is stupid.

agreed 110%

oklahoma was only a 7 point favorite over boise state
boise was getting respect from the oddsmakers
7 is respectable,not as if they were a large double digit dog
for example notre dame is an 8.5 dog to LSU tonight

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

mountain muscle said:
How do they get those then?

To my knowledge, schools can schedule teams they would like to play, outside of their conference. If both schools agree, then they get to play/schedule the game. I think Boise State and Hawaii are incredibly talented, and they ARE top notch teams. I feel though, based on the fairies that they played, they hurt their chances of playing in this BCS game. Be that as it may, BSU will be a top 25 team next year, and will have a MUCH better shot at playing in the title IF they run the table, and actually add a few 'good' teams in the list.

sawastea said:
To my knowledge, schools can schedule teams they would like to play, outside of their conference. If both schools agree, then they get to play/schedule the game. I think Boise State and Hawaii are incredibly talented, and they ARE top notch teams. I feel though, based on the fairies that they played, they hurt their chances of playing in this BCS game. Be that as it may, BSU will be a top 25 team next year, and will have a MUCH better shot at playing in the title IF they run the table, and actually add a few 'good' teams in the list.

The only bad part is teams have their schedules 3-4 years in advance.

Screwed by the system again.

Top Bottom