Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national champions

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

mountain muscle said:
No co champs about. ONLY undefeated team in the nation should be champs.
Those who disagree, well that is the pitfall of the only college sport that doesn't have a playoff.
BCS is absolute bullshit. I think Boise can play with any team in the nation.
Uhh no. If BSU had to go thru a Big 10/Big 12/SEC schedule we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Look at their record last year. They played three ranked teams all year and lost all three, including an 48-13 absolute massacre by a not so great UGA team. Jump to this year and they played ZERO ranked teams until the Fiesta Bowl.

Strength of schedule? 113 out of 119 D-1 teams. Let's all schedule cream puffs like Sacramento State, Wyoming, Louisiana Tech, Idaho (didn't know there was an Idaho U.), Fresno State so we can go undefeated.

The BCS conferences where chosen because they're the only ones that play real football EVERY week.

If you let teams schedule weak teams you'll end up with 4-5 undefeated teams, none of whom have played each other.

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

Dial_tone said:
Uhh no. If BSU had to go thru a Big 10/Big 12/SEC schedule we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Look at their record last year. They played three ranked teams all year and lost all three, including an 48-13 absolute massacre by a not so great UGA team. Jump to this year and they played ZERO ranked teams until the Fiesta Bowl.

Strength of schedule? 113 out of 119 D-1 teams. Let's all schedule cream puffs like Sacramento State, Wyoming, Louisiana Tech, Idaho (didn't know there was an Idaho U.), Fresno State so we can go undefeated.

The BCS conferences where chosen because they're the only ones that play real football EVERY week.

If you let teams schedule weak teams you'll end up with 4-5 undefeated teams, none of whom have played each other.

UHH yes.

Look at the NFC.

Need a playoff system period. Argue what you want. Weak schedules, Nebraska has a notoriously weak schedule.
Strength of schedule is a bullshit BCS term and needs to be ignored and a playoff system implemented.
ANY DIV 1 that goes undefeated should have a chance. Period.
The current system favors who will make the most money for a bowl. Absolute horseshit. Why the fuck do we ever have "co champions" in college ball. Ri-fucking-diculous. No one arguing the current system has any ground to stand on.

While I agree that they may deserve a shot, the way the system is set up this year, the national championship game is seperate from the BCS which makes it impossible for even a co-champ to come from anything other then the Florida-Ohio State game

magman1 said:
While I agree that they may deserve a shot, the way the system is set up this year, the national championship game is seperate from the BCS which makes it impossible for even a co-champ to come from anything other then the Florida-Ohio State game

I just think it is incredulous that a team with one loss could be crowned National Champs when there is an undefeated team in the nation. If it so happens that there are 2 undefeated teams, then there should be a national championship game.

Offer up whatever defense of the current system you want, there needs to be a playoff, with seeds based on records. How many conferences are there now? Take the Champions of the conferences, with some wild cards and base a playoff on those teams. Until then ANY National Championship claim is stupid.

mountain muscle said:
I just think it is incredulous that a team with one loss could be crowned National Champs when there is an undefeated team in the nation. If it so happens that there are 2 undefeated teams, then there should be a national championship game.

Offer up whatever defense of the current system you want, there needs to be a playoff, with seeds based on records. How many conferences are there now? Take the Champions of the conferences, with some wild cards and base a playoff on those teams. Until then ANY National Championship claim is stupid.
It can't be incredulous, but you can........ :artist:

I have to say ABSOLUTELY NOT

Boise State does not deserve a share of the national championship due to thier schedule and thier conference.

If thier non conference games consisted of some SEC teams and more Big 12 DURING THE YEAR, then I would agree

gjohnson5 said:
I have to say ABSOLUTELY NOT

Boise State does not deserve a share of the national championship due to thier schedule and thier conference.

If thier non conference games consisted of some SEC teams and more Big 12 DURING THE YEAR. Then I would agree

How do they get those then?

They deserve a shot as an undefeated team. Absolutely.
The current system is a failure. An absolute failure.

Top Bottom