Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national champions

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

The BCS system is not a failure. The scheduling is a failure in that more of these teams that want to prove themselved dont play tougher competition during the year.

DialTone is exactly right. Put Boise State in the SEC and they become a floormat in that conference.

mountain muscle said:
How do they get those then?

They deserve a shot as an undefeated team. Absolutely.
The current system is a failure. An absolute failure.

Re: I think that if Florida beats Ohio State that Boise State should be co national c

gjohnson5 said:
The BCS system is not a failure. The scheduling is a failure in that more of these teams that want to prove themselved dont play tougher competition during the year.

DialTone is exactly right. Put Boise State in the SEC and they become a floormat in that conference.

Perhaps.

nebraska has has div 2 teams on their schedule for off conference games.

The only way to know is a playoff. Like I said no one gave them a shot against OK.
Only way to know is to put them against an sec team.

mountain muscle said:
How do they get those then?

They deserve a shot as an undefeated team. Absolutely.
The current system is a failure. An absolute failure.
It is but putting BSU in the title game of that system doesn't make it any better. If all the top 10 teams played Boise State's schedule there would be 4-5 undefeated teams, no question.

Dial_tone said:
It is but putting BSU in the title game of that system doesn't make it any better. If all the top 10 teams played Boise State's schedule there would be 4-5 undefeated teams, no question.

So you agree playoff system is the only way?

BTW who listens to a raiders fan?

mountain muscle said:
So you agree playoff system is the only way?

BTW who listens to a raiders fan?
Everybody does so they know to do the opposite. :)
I support the bowl + 1 system. Playoffs will be too many games for some teams. Go back to 10 games, conference championship, bowl games + nat'l title game.

Dial_tone said:
I support the bowl + 1 system. Playoffs will be too many games for some teams. Go back to 10 games, conference championship, bowl games + nat'l title game.

I think a playoff system with losers assigned to certain bowls would be better and National title already decided in the playoffs.. That way still generate money and everyone happy. The only people who get time off are the champs.

Dial_tone said:
i disagree with too many games
if they had a BCS playoff with the top 12 schools that would mean @ the most a team would play 4 games to win a championship
basic 10-11 game season= 14-15 games

hell..some pro teams play 20+ games en route to a superbowl.
give the underdog teams a chance. it would be good for the NCAA

If Boise St. had aspirations of competing for a National Championship, they would have had a tougher schedule. however, I do not think the system in place in the most efficient, and certainly not the most exciting, with last nights game being an exception. Like who the fuck really cares who wins the Orange Bowl between WF and Louisville? Or any of the other games for that matter besides the championship

medical said:
You meant "I am incredulous". "It is incredulous that....." is improper usage.....sporto. :artist:

Use unbelievable instead of incredulous sporto.
in·cred·u·lous /ɪnˈkrɛdʒələs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-krej-uh-luhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not credulous; disinclined or indisposed to believe; skeptical.
2. indicating or showing unbelief: an incredulous smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1525–35; < L incrédulus. See in-3, credulous]

—Related forms
in·cred·u·lous·ly, adverb
in·cred·u·lous·ness, noun

—Synonyms unbelieving. See doubtful.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source in·cred·u·lous (ĭn-krěj'ə-ləs) Pronunciation Key
adj.
Skeptical; disbelieving: incredulous of stories about flying saucers.
Expressive of disbelief: an incredulous stare.

Please explain to me how it is improper. I have forgotten so much from being a copy editor.

Top Bottom