Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Husband Goes To Jail For Shooting Robber Who Was Holding His Wife At Gun Point

p0ink said:
crime happens anywhere, any place, any time, and to anyone.
Absolutely right. However, there are such things as percentages and demographics.

Me, I like the sport, but don't feel the need for one in my own home because I generally don't feel threatened. If you are otherwise, then I was just saying that I'm sorry.

p0ink said:
the second amendment of the constitution?

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
Wait...didn't you say..."the constitution did not grant rights"?

he's in trouble because he shot an unarmed man who was in the process of leaving his home. there is no justification of deadly force when the other person is unarmed and retreating.

p0ink said:
gun ownership is a right, not a privelege. and once again, what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand?

I love ya P0ink but it's the other way around - gun ownership is a privilege not a right.

EnderJE said:
Wait...didn't you say..."the constitution did not grant rights"?

It doesnt grant rights, it guarantees them. The premise was that power flowed from the people to the government, and government was only entitled to those powers specifically granted it by the people.

The Bill of Rights exists because they foresaw potential future abuses and thought it prudent to specifically outline in a concrete way areas in which the government should never be allwoed to encroach. The Bill of Rights is not the sum total of rights enjoyed by the citizenry, but only those deemed important enough to specifically mention and hence forever remove from the grasp of government.

And yes, the second amendment is such a right, hoever unpopular it may be with some. It could never be as some suggest somehow tied to involvement in an organzied militia precisely because government can only posess powers, not rights, and there is no such things a s a group right. Rights belong to individuals

Look at you fear-mongerers. Wah Wah Wah.

If you read the description of the accounts -- it's pretty complicated and drawn-out. Lots of write-down and i'm sure the robbers gave all kinds of fancy accounting of what happened too.

It's NOT the cops job to decide what happened or who is at fault, etc. It's the DA's.

The cops just followed protocol. Would YOU wanna get chewed out by your boss when you go back to the station and he asks "That guy, with an illegal gun, shot an unarmed person, point black -- you arrested him right?". "uhh. no Sargeant". "Why not?". "Uhh, cuz he was a nice guy?".

Fact is -- 99% chance the DA won't press charges against this guy. So relax.

The cops, under training, all they can do is write down everything that happened, make the mandatory arrest, then let the judge and DA figure it out.

That's how our justice system works. If you don't want cops becoming judge, jury and executioner -- then you must SUPPORT them when they go by the book and do their job.

velvett said:
I love ya P0ink but it's the other way around - gun ownership is a privilege not a right.

according to the constitution it is a right. don't let flawed liberal 'logic' fool you into thinking otherwise.

Top Bottom